Is money the root of all evil?

0 Conversations

Why do people drive polluting cars? To get to work on time to make money.
Why are there sweatshops? To maximise profits.

Straight away two problems caused by money. And you see people in societies without it that are so happy. Yes, they have to work incredibly hard just to live and can take nothing for granted. They lack modern healthcare. But they enjoy life, do little to harm the environment and don't kill each other because they need everyone. And it's a beautiful way of living.
Would they be like that if they had money, to create pollution exporting and importing, to not need each other so much as they can depend on those in other countries, eventually moving up to be able to exploit other countries.

This is what happens when i think of stuff that's too big for me to understand.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A38823285

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more