The X-Philes - Sing Me An Old Fashioned Song 2

0 Conversations

Connor O'Dell's House, Chappaquidick Island, Massachusetts

Scully and Doggett look around the house. It's immaculate. The loft, however, is much different.

'Jeez it looks like a bomb went off in here.' remarks Doggett as he pokes his head up through the loft door. A detective looks over at them.

'Agents Doggett and Scully?' she asks. They nod. 'I'm Detective Kay Lawrence, I'm in charge of this.' she indicates to the mess.

'So what do you think happened?' asks Doggett. Lawrence shrugs.

'I was told you were the experts.' she replies. 'It looks like an animal attack but there are no bears here on Chappaquiddick. I don't know, but whoever or what ever did this was pretty vicious.'

'We were told some ritulistic items were found.' says Scully. Lawrence hands her a photograph of a symbol.

'An ultra violet sweep was taken of the room to see if any hair or fabric could be used for DNA test but this showed up. Satanic?' she says.

'I have no idea but I'll show this to an acquaintance of ours and see what she comes up with. Was there any indication of ritulistic activities in his file?' replies Doggett. Lawrence shakes her head. Scully has been looking through O'Dell's file and then starts to rummage through her bag and pulls out Michael Phillips's file.

'Look these two photographs are the same. This one was found on Phillips's body.' she exclaims.

'O'Dell had this in his hand when he was found.' says Lawrence. 'An old college picture I should think.'

'So Phillips and O'Dell studied together. Maybe someone has it in for this group. We'd better try and get hold of the rest of the people in this picture see what they can tell us.' says Doggett as his phone starts to ring.

Stuart Hazelgrave's House, South Bay, San Franscisco

Doggett and Scully flash their badges at the officer on the door and he lets them in. All around them the usual murder scene business is going on. Scully beams as she sees the familier figure of Detective Darryl Morris talking to a uniformed officer. He smiles and comes over when he spots them.

'Hi, Darryl, what have we got?' says Doggett. Morris sighs.

'Stuart Hazelgrave; played the double bass for the San Franscisco Symphony Orchestra. His housekeeper, Maria Sanchez, found him when she turned up for work.' he recites.

'Anything unusual found on him?' asks Scully knowingly.

'A photograph and a bag of herbs and bones.' Morris lowers his voice. 'According to Piper and her sisters it's Voodoo based.'

'Can we see the photograph?' says Doggett. 'We know of two other suspicious murders and this could be linked to them.' Morris hands over the picture. Sure enough it's the same as the other two.

'Bingo! I'll get on to the bureau and see if they can trace the other two in this picture if it's not too late.' says Scully grabbing her mobile out of her pocket.

'So what did Piper have to say?' asks Doggett.

'Well the bag of bones and herbs that was found is something called a gris gris bag. It's left on the doorstep of the house of a person someone wants harm done too, popular way of warning your enemies in New Orleans apparently.' replies Morris. Doggett shows him the photograph of the sign found in Connor O'Dell's house.

'Find anything like this?' he asks. Morris shakes his head.

'Not yet. I'll order the ultra violet sweep and let you know what we find.' he says. Scully comes back into the room.

'They've got resources tracing the last two in the photographs. I don't think we can do much more here. We'd better head back to Washington.' she says. Morris nods.

'I'll keep you posted on the official and unofficial investigation.' he promises.

'Where can we find his housekeeper?' asks Doggett. 'I'd like to ask her if she knows anything about the people in the picture.'

Maria Sanchez's House

Maria lets Doggett and Scully into her front room. She is clearly upset about the death of her employer.

'I don't know of anyone who would want to hurt Senor Hazelgrave. He was such a kind man. He never had a bad thing to say about anyone.' she says.

'Did you ever see a photograph of him with a group of friends probably from his student days?' says Scully kindly. Maria shakes her head.

'No... no, I didn't. He didn't talk about his college days at all - not to me anyway.' she replies.

'Did you know if he got a messege from an old friend that upset him, made him angry, anything?' prompts Doggett.

'I did see him listening to his answer machine one morning. He looked
worried after one messege but I don't know who it was from and he asked me to make sure the alarm was set at all times. That's what was so... strange about it. After that call he was a little paranoid about locking all the doors and windows - almost like he was expecting someone to break in.' Maria sighs. 'Evil, evil killed him. I felt it that day. Something evil has been in that house.' she crosses herself. 'Someone
wanted Senor Stuart dead so badly that they sold their soul to the devil.'

The X Files Office

Scully is sorting through the post. She spots Darryl Morris's handwriting and rips the envelope open. Inside is a picture of a symbol similar to the one found in Connor O'Dell's house along with a note. She opens it and reads.

'Piper says the symbol is a vèvè; a symbol to represent a voodoo god.
She's not sure which, but it's not a good one.'

After reading it she gets up and heads out of the door punching a number into her mobile as she goes.

'John? It's me. Meet me in Monica's office... right see you there...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The X-Philes Series Archive

Reefgirl

31.03.05 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A3846242

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more