21st century east indian Television

1 Conversation

I think television is the greatest invention ever. Without a doubt, the greatest . The amazing thing about television is that it has something for just about everyone , and most of us are addicted to it . Believe it or not , tomorrow if someone takes over our country there will be more people watching protests on televison than those protesting .

Never have we humans had it so darned good . A little while ago , some artistic chap known affectionately as "Grrrrrrooowlaas" would be sketching hunting rituals on caves for recreation , while his first cousin from his mothers side would be banging rocks against each other to see ( hear actually ) how they sound . Whereas we can watch channel v instead where music sounds like stones banging against each other and a "Grrrrrrooowlaas" look alike claims its' art . Phew .

Gone are the times when you tried to determine exactly which window gives a good view of your neighbours' daughters' bedroom . We instead , just watch television after eleven..!! Thus we no longer have to sneak into a ' mills and boon ' to figure out how our existence came into bieng . For those of you short sighted doubting Thomases who claim that education suffers at the hands of television , we have the history channel , discovery and Nat geo where you learn about the wonderful world we live in and are also reminded every five minutes that 'close-up' is a hundred percent vegetarian in India.

Finally for those of you who think that this article is basically flawed , because life as depicted on television is so different from real life.......WE HAVE REALITY T.V TOo...!!!!

God bless colour T.V .



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A3801070

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more