Introduction to the Philosophy of ever reducing Circles of Thought

0 Conversations

Wouldn't you like to know why your subconscious does what it does?
Wouldn't you like to know what your subconscious was thinking right now?
Wouldn't you like to have access to your subconscious mind, especially where all that surplus information gets stored but isn't retrieved when we most need it?

Would you like to know that it is technically impossible?

We need our subconscious in order to have our conscious thought pattern. Our subconsious is the source of our emotions, our memories, our dreams... if our subconscious wasn't 'sub' at all then we would have no control over what information passed in front of our minds. It would drive us insane - or at least MORE insane.
Further than that, picture your mind as an intricate building. The sub-conscious is the foundations and ground floor, the rest is the first floor upwards. The Ground floor (subconscious) holds reception, which decides what goes in and out and delivers it up to the right floor. Furthermore it sends messages to different floors, co-ordinating them effectively. Without a Ground Floor and Reception, the mind is from the start uncoordinated, bogged down, completely disorganised with all the random information. The conscious thought is created by the subconscious. It is like trying to run a software program without a computer. Most animals exist on a sub-conscious thought process (instincts, which - again - without the subconscious cannot exist, therefore endagering us... add a security station to the ground floor) and most animals have not developed a conscious thought pattern as far as humans can determine.

Therefore, we cannot exist without a sub-conscious. We are likely to have never existed without a subconscious. The subconscious is hardware, the conscious is the software created to run on the hardware.

If anyone would like to discuss or argue this then please do put your ideas forward, I am an agnostic and I always like to recieve other peoples opinions.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A368868

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more