A Conversation for Drinking and Driving

Peer Review: A36804017 - Drinking and Driving

Post 1

Cruentos Solum

Entry: Drinking and Driving - A36804017
Author: Cruentos Solum - U11854219

No Harm Intended smiley - smiley


A36804017 - Drinking and Driving

Post 2

Pinniped


It'll be interesting to see how this one develops.

It's pretty well written, and with a little help and effort it would make a good EG Entry - except that there's one major and obvious problem.

You don't intend harm, sure, but you've written something that quite a lot of people (most people, probably) would deem irresponsible. The BBC couldn't very well put such a thing on the Front Page of one of their websites then, could they? Anything that the BBC publishes, it implicitly condones.

I don't see how this can be admitted into the EG, unless it's written in a way that makes it very clear that drink-driving is a bad thing and that nobody should do it.

Would you want to change the Entry that way?


A36804017 - Drinking and Driving

Post 3

Mina

Not only irresponsible, but illegal.


A36804017 - Drinking and Driving

Post 4

Secretly Not Here Any More

My view's pretty much the same as Pin's. Well written entry (a few DNA-isms in there though), but there's no way any Scout is going to touch this with a barge pole given the actual content.


A36804017 - Drinking and Driving

Post 5

h5ringer


A36804017 - Drinking and Driving

Post 6

Cruentos Solum

Euh, thanks everyone for your comments smiley - smiley

Well, actually, I was just thinking that, in order to be a proper E.G. entry, the text would have to omit encouraging the 'sport' of DUI so much - which is actually quite a thing to do... Euh, no matter how much you do state explicitly that the entry is actually just for laughs and not so much as an 'entry' to refer to or anything as such, it's too 'suggesting' and gives one the irresistible urge to do just that: drink and drive... Furthermore, people can do even more irresponsible things like saying: "but it's in the guide!!!". Yeah, it does suck one out of any control he might have on the self and that's also not a very good thing...

Euh, I think it's more to do with the fact that some people like drinking and driving and that the possibility of this entry being exposed to the public will simply cause public unrest and such things...

So I thought, is there anywhere else where the entry can actually go other than the guide? Or better yet, does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do with it? Perhaps 'Flying spaceships under the effect of alcohol' or anything which would not relate to operating cars under the effect of alcohol in any metaphorically apparent manner?

I'm actually pleased by the fact that some people have read it and have gotten enough kicks out of just that smiley - smiley Maybe I'll write more relevant stuff in the future, so thanks anyways smiley - smiley

Sincereley,

C.S.


A36804017 - Drinking and Driving

Post 7

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - huh
The only kick this got was out of Peer Review!

smiley - rocket


A36804017 - Drinking and Driving

Post 8

Secretly Not Here Any More

I look forward to your next entry, you've definitely got a decent grasp of how to write good entries - but hopefully the next one will meet the guidelines!


A36804017 - Drinking and Driving

Post 9

Cruentos Solum

Hello again,

Thank you guys for everything, I look forward to putting together something more 'useful' in the near future. Euh, I'm a sport so getting kicked out of peer review is no problemsmiley - smiley And you guys certainly did it in such a nice way I'm beginning to like getting kicked out, not that I'd make a habit of it or anythingsmiley - smiley

In the meantime, I wish you the best of luck with your work and hope you all a pleasant weekend.

Sincerely,

C.S.

Cheers


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more