A Conversation for Notes from Around the Sundial

Great start

Post 1

aka Bel - A87832164

I enjoyed reading this and am looking forward to the next one. smiley - ok

Bel

smiley - somersault


Great start

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

Thanks. The next one is finished (more or less) and I'm thinking about what I'll write about for the one after that.


Great start

Post 3

aka Bel - A87832164

Wonderful. Then you won't mind the deadlines being a day early for the next three issues. smiley - smiley


Great start

Post 4

Icy North

I agree with Bel - this is a fascinating read, particularly for non-astronomers like me. I now begin to understand what all the fuss is about.

smiley - cheers Icy


Great start

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

Glad to hear it. That's very encouraging, Icy.


Great start

Post 6

Nigel *ACE*

Hi Gnomon,

I also enjoyed reading your article smiley - magic. I have always wanted to learn a bit more about telescopes and how they work, but never got around to doing so smiley - sadface.

Now I can follow your article and learn new things smiley - ok. I brought a telescope some years ago but never worked out how it worked. I haven't got it now, just a strong pair of binoculars.

All the best.

Nigel smiley - footprints


Great start

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

A good pair of binoculars is invaluable in looking at the stars - 7 x 50 are the best. The purpose is not to make things bigger but to make them brighter. The 7 x 50 has the biggest improvement in brightness of any of the normally available models.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Notes from Around the Sundial

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more