A Conversation for Ballet - Turns

Peer Review: A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 1

MrsCloud

Entry: Ballet - Turns - A3662237
Author: MrsCloud - U180110

I think this is ready now.


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 2

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Another nice informative Entry on Ballet MrsCloud smiley - smiley

Though, there are some 'problems' with this one.

I don't think the links to 'first position' ,'second postion' third position' etc to the other ballet Entry 'work' smiley - erm It's a bit difficult to read, if you keep going between the two Entries.

My suggestion would be to have a for them. But I'm still learning the issues of Peer Review and Guide Entries, so I'd also suggest to wait, see if someone more experienced has a better idea, then we'll both learn from it. smiley - biggrin

Also, you can't link an Entry intended for the Edited Guide with non Edited Entries, hopefully your 'Ballet - Basic Positions and Directions' Entry, will be, but it's not as yet.smiley - smiley

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 3

MrsCloud

The theory was to create a set of articles that intterelate as to put the info all on one page would be too much and too long.

Also I knew you'd need to know what the basics were before explaining more complicated things.

I couldn't decide wether to say "read this one first, then this, then this" or link them.


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 4

MrsCloud

I had a ponder about this last night and when I have time I think I shall take all the links out of all the ones I've just written and but a footnote near the begining of each of the recommending reading the accompianing articles.


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 5

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

I was hoping you would have more replies, maybe from someone who had experienced a similar situation, and an alternative solution smiley - erm PR seems to have been a bit quiet last few days.smiley - smiley

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 6

MrsCloud

I've taken out the links and put a recommended reading footnote which hopefully as I get other ballet pages sorted/edited I should be able to list them here and do a similar thing on them and hopefully that will sort out this issue.


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 7

Mort's EG Office - Contributed to the Edited Guide Yet?!

Just smiley - book

(trying to remember what I am going to go back to just doesn't seem to work smiley - silly)


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 8

MrsCloud

smiley - smiley

I've paused a bit but do intend to carry on with these.


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 9

MrsCloud

Been quiet lately as I've got an interview coming up which has asked me to prepare a presentation as part of it so I've been busy writing that. Hopefully when I've had the interview next week I'll be able to get back to sorting these ballet pages out.


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 10

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Ok. smiley - goodluck with the interview. smiley - smiley

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 11

MrsCloud

Thanks, but half hoping I don't get it as in the 2 months since I applied for it my interest has gone off the boil espcially when I have another interview (when they get around to organising it) for a more interesting job.


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 12

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Are you planning on submitting the other entry to Peer Review?

I managed to get my entry on figure skating jumps through Peer Review and into the Edited Guide, and I think the issues involved are somewhat similar. I spent a little time at the beginning going through the basic terms and positions, which I think helped -- right now, you have a section on "spotting", but don't explain what it is -- most people won't know!

smiley - cheers
Mikey


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 13

MrsCloud

skating turns are slightly different in that I gather that you always turn in the same direction and don't spot.


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 14

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

I wasn't saying that skating turns were like ballet turns, only that the issues in writing an entry about them for the Edited Guide would be similar, especially in regards to dealing with terminology that will be unfamiliar to most people.

smiley - cheers


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 15

MrsCloud

yes i'm trying to build up a set up pages that explain, but the turns was easier to write so came before things that perhaps should have been first.


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 16

MrsCloud

ok i've added a bit more about spotting and i've just submitted one of my other ballet pages to peer review.


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 17

MrsCloud

nudge


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 18

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

As does the other entry you currently have in Peer Review, this entry assumes that people have rather more knowledge of ballet positions than most people actually do. I really think you'll have more luck if you start with the basic positions entry, and work your way from there.

smiley - cheers


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 19

MrsCloud

As I commented in the other thread the basic positions entry is already edited and this entry refers to it as a reference for people who aren't well versed in ballet terms.


A3662237 - Ballet - Turns

Post 20

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

As I said on the other thread, you then need to link this entry to the Edited Guide version of the basic positions entry, and not your own personal copy, which is what it does now.

smiley - cheers


Key: Complain about this post