Food, how to get it.

0 Conversations

Food, how to get it...


Most people nowadays know how to prepare food. If you are
the student who has been living with his parents all his
life, you're an exception, but you can
general bake an egg or something. No the real problem with
most people is how to get the ingredients for the cooking.
This usually tends to be a problem which can be solved in a
number of ways.
  1. Beg
  2. Work
  3. Parents


There are advantages and disadvantages connected to each way of acquiring the ingredients for your meal or dinner. It depends on you ,the person who needs to be fed, what you are willing to do for it.

Beg for food


Begging for food. This is the hardest way of getting what you want. You first have to have a special 'no problem' atitude towards sitting in a very crowded street or market-square with your oldest clothes.

Second, you have to be able to have a face like the whole world is resting on your shoulders and you suffer from chronic backaches.


If you have these two down, then you are ready to try to acquire your first dinner by begging. A word to the novice beggers amongst you, don't expect too much in the beginning, begging is known to be a long proces in wich you continually have to play your audience in order to get maximum yield.

Work for food


Ok this is tricky. You will have to find a job, and in most countries at the moment this is not as easy as it looks. If you finaly have found a job then it means that in stead of starting to cook you start to work.


Yes, this usually results in working from 9 to 5. The problem with this is however that working tieres people. When you finaly get home you are usually way to tired to even bother with dinner. Or you just fling something to gether to at least have eaten something.


The upside of all this bothering with work kinda thing is that the yield is much higher and fairly regular. In stead of 25 dollars a day, with begging, you get like 150 dollars a day. With this it is far more possible to arrange something more luxurious for dinner.

Live with your parents for food


The easy way out. Getting fed, bed made, room cleaned. It's like living with your favorite houskeeper. It takes all the zest out of life.

What can be prepared.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A363953

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more