A Conversation for The Big Change

LOL!

Post 1

Peregrin

Come on Pastey you know more than that! You're sworn to secrecy aren't you smiley - winkeye


LOL!

Post 2

The Cheese

Yes, and why didn't you tell all the readers out there about the all-new...

*Is taken down by team of four TDV workers*

They say, "Say another word, kid, and we'll take that nice blue badge off your page!"

*Calmly backs off*

I guess we'll just have to wait till tomorrow...smiley - winkeye


LOL!

Post 3

Castle

Waits with anticipation


LOL!

Post 4

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

Yes, congratulations Pastey on writing a full article without revealing a single fact. Have you been reading any Hubbard lately? smiley - winkeye


LOL!

Post 5

Cidhis - Mask

Well, now we know what the change is - for a long forum where you just want to see the last post replying to your own penultimate post, you have to click "see newer posts" and wait for that page to load again and do it again and again and again.
Improvement?
I've only been here a couple of weeks and now think that the effort of joining in with conversational pages just might be a tad too much.


LOL!

Post 6

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

Don't worry! Please continue visiting fora. This system is not final. The annoyances of having to reload again and again and again will be eventually cut out. Meanwhile, if you want to load one hundred posts at once, type &show=100 after the url of the forum. For example, to load one hundred posts in this forum the url is: http://www.h2g2.com/F43573?thread=56032&show=100 You can also tell it to skip fifty posts by adding &skip=50 to the url. For example: http://www.h2g2.com/F43573?thread=56032&skip=50 But it won't work on this forum as it is too short. But eventually forum lengths will be more flexible. Please bear with this, don't give up on h2g2 just yet :-).


LOL!

Post 7

Cidhis - Mask

You aren't living up to your name very well, are you Mr Cynic?


LOL!

Post 8

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

Just because I am practical doesn't mean that I don't expect the worst. But it has been said that this forum irritation will not last forever, so there is no blind optomism involved, just me pure cynical self smiley - smiley.


LOL!

Post 9

Pastey

Well said Cysmiley - smiley

I think a nice idea would be to have each section of the forum numbered, then you could just click on the highest number to go to the end of the forum, or the number that it had got to when you were last there. But, changes are afoot!

smiley - fish


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Big Change

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more