A Conversation for Toubab Travels - The European Crocodile

A Proper Holiday

Post 1

Websailor

Rich, I have never been abroad, In fact holidays have been a real rarity in my life. So I can never understand why people spend so much money to go abroad, just to spend the time by the hotel pool, or visiting the popular tourist sites.

Surely if you are going abroad the most enjoyable and educational holiday is of the kind you have just experienced. One that gives you memories to treasure for ever and an insight in to real life out there. I remember your comments about a fellow hotel guest the last time you were out there, when you defended vigourously those trying to make a few bucks.

I look forward to hearing more about your holiday.

Websailor smiley - dragon


A Proper Holiday

Post 2

Skankyrich [?]

Yes, I'd agree with that. I understand the need to relax and have a bit of peace and quiet, but the way to relax isn't to shut yourself off from all experiences. You can't relax if you have to keep your guard up all the time.

There's plenty more to come in this series, anyway smiley - smiley


A Proper Holiday

Post 3

Websailor

Oh, Goody smiley - applausesmiley - biggrin

Websailor smiley - dragon


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Toubab Travels - The European Crocodile

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more