Being Violently Sick or ill - A Cautionary Tale.

1 Conversation

Right, I've not been well. And how so! I had these chips on Saturday. With gravy, and a gherkin.
They tasted ok at the time, seemed cooked. Ate them at about 7:30pm, no issues. They filled a gap, I was quite hungry.
I went to bed late (gone midnight) feeling generally ok.
When I woke up (about 2 hrs later) it felt like a rat was nesting in my guts (I've read far too much James Herbert, sorry).
I was hot, dehydrated & generally either wanted to seriously vomit or explode or have a poo.
So, I had to go to the toilet for a poo. I tried to be sick 1st, that wasn't happening, I was in far too much pain stomach-wise.
So I went for a poo. Spent about 10 mins or so in there doing same. Very painful. Felt bowels were empty.
Went & had a drink of water (bad move in hindsight) as I was very dehydrated and went back to bed.
Spent all of about 15 mins back in the room and then had to go to the loo again. Same routine.
Try & be sick - Not gonna happen. Empty bowels, ouch. Burning. I reckon I'm now losing the lining of my stomach.
Spend about 25 mins in the loo, I now think there's nothing left. I finally get to go back to bed, I actually sleep for about an hour.
Then yep, back to the loo, again. Same routine. Try and fail to be sick. Empty bowels. Seriously burning acidic ouch and how!
I'm in there 10 mins. I finish up & go apply a cold flannel over the sink. Then success! I vomit. And Vomit. And Vomit.
This could have been an out-take from The Excorcist! I had a look, yep it was those effing chips.
The last time I was sick like that I had alcohol poisoning from drinking too much cider on an empty stomach.
(I was 18, It was the day after my birthday, I had 6 Pints and walked 3 miles home totally drunk but on auto-pilot and made it there in 1 piece. What did I know?).

So I cleaned up the sink, had a nice cool wash down and towel off then tried to go to bed.

I didn't have any dinner on Sunday. Or any Tea. I spent most of the time in bed, sleeping or napping - generally feeling crappy.
By about 11pm Sunday I finally ate something. I don't think I'll be eating any real solid food for a few days yet though.

So my advice is, BEWARE of Chip Shop Chips. Ensure they are fully cooked!

UPDATE ON ENTRY!

This turned out to be a stomach flu that was going around before xmas and several people I know have suffered from it, describing similar symptoms to my own. Even with health ideas like washing hands after going to the toilet, before eating and drinking lots of water. This still happened.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A3374237

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more