A Conversation for Nikola Tesla

Late appreciation

Post 1

Cefpret

You say in your article, 'And yet, for all this, why is Tesla not remembered as a great engineer like his contemporaries Edison and Marconi?'. Well, at least there is a (very frequently) SI unit for magnetic flux density named after him, an honour not given to Marconi or Edison.


Late appreciation

Post 2

Norton II

This is true, but for all that very few engineers and scientists know about Tesla's achievements.


Late appreciation

Post 3

Ducky, Saint & Muse of Waterfowl

The problem with what Edison And Marconi did is that they used Tesla's research for thier own good and gave no credit where it is due. I am a great admirer of Nikola Tesla. He created a telephone repeater, rotating magnetic field principle, polyphase alternating-current system, induction
motor, alternating-current power transmission, Tesla coil transformer, wireless communication, radio, fluorescent lights, and more than 700 other patents. Without him, Edison would not have been as important as he is. This is because Tesla was the person that perfected the DC current motors that Edison was creating.

I have looked in a library for a book of patents for Edison and have found none, but for Tesla there is a book over 500 pgs thick of all the patents that he did. Some of the first patents that are in this book are of the DC motors of Edison's. If there is any person that should be honored in our country it Nikola Tesla.

It is also bad to think that in the Smithsonian Meseum they put a picture of an AC Generator next to Edison even thought he had nothing to do with it. I think that History books should be revised to tell the truth about some of Americas most important people.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more