A Conversation for Running With Scissors

exciting times

Post 1

several, a/k/a random

i think MY stomach was doing a rollover watching the video of flight A, and i already knew it was successful. goes to show why they need stubborn astronauts, doesn't it ?
great links on that, and to the space elevator. the technology is closer now, as the scientists catch up to what was sci-fi from the likes of asimov, clarke, heinlein.....and hitch-hiking IS a do-able thing, more and more, further and furthur.
'The Restaurant at LEO (Low Earth Orbit)' is the rest stop on the way to the one DNA wrote about.
smiley - musicalnote


exciting times

Post 2

quizzical

I was watching live, and it scared me to death. I have the utmost respect for two pilots. Isn't there a saying that goes something like: 'You have old test pilots, and you have bold test pilots, but you have no old, bold test pilots.' On the other hand, Mike Melvill wasn't terribly bothered by rolling - in contrast he did sweat bullets at one point during the test flight back in June when things didn't go according to plan.

Anyway, it is so exciting that we'll see space tourism in our lifetimes. Virgin Galactic: how cool is that?! According to Burt Rutan, the flights will eventually be affordable (if you have a spare $30,000 lying around). Time to give those ol' retirement accounts a pep talk!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Running With Scissors

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more