A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1221

U195408

Why do you get negative numbers if you liberal/libertarian, and "positive" numbers if your conservative? Why do covservative's get the word "right" (=correct)?

I liked the cat fight Lil. So your margin of error was 30%. (% of cats, (plus-or-minus 30%) find the Hell-cat a foe to be attacked immediately. And then go talk to a rat afterwards. So we can definitely say that certainly no more than 70% of cats would attack the Hell Cat.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1222

Mrs Zen

One of my favourite puns is the comment that the left in Canada are more gauche than sinister. I cannot speak for its accuracy as analysis, but it pleases me more than I can say as a pun.

B


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1223

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

That was more information than I wanted B! smiley - smiley

Well, the weekend to myself ended about an hour ago with the return of A from my mom's. C will be back later this evening. I finally saw Prisoner of Azkaban last night, my thoughts on the movie run along the lines of the book: It was OK but nothing spectacular.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1224

marvthegrate LtG KEA

MTG Home, Sunburnt, exhausted, and very pleased at a weekend wells spent.
http://marvthegrate.afraid.org/pics/snake_river/

Lil, Vinnie looks like he wants a rematch.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1225

Ormondroyd

Well, I've done the Political Compass before, but the new questions seem to have pushed me even further into the bottom left corner:

Economic Left/Right -8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -7.03.

But I'm not really a scary Commie, honest. Heck, I've read a lot more J.K. Rowling than Marx.

I was amused to see Thatcher and Hitler close together on the final chart... except that Adolf was more left-wing. Sounds pretty accurate. smiley - winkeye

(Goes to try to unionize the Atelier bots).


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1226

Teuchter

Wonderful photos Marv! I could almost smell the pine trees.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1227

Z

Z, now with a clean flat.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1228

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

post-thunderstorm, with muddy pawprints across the carpet but no roof leaks.

Nice pics, Marv! Aren't collapsible chairs wonderful? You might have been surprised to find no clean cups when you got back, but I've decided to hang in until after Mercury goes direct.

dave, how do you get approximately 70% of cats being likely to attack the hellcat when Vinnie is the only one who has out of 11? Even Mother-Cat-Who-Is-Going-Mad was disinterested. And the Coyote ran away from it.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1229

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Took 36 pics before we see you Marv? To be honest I am surprised to see you in any. Sorry I missed it.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1230

GreyDesk

How remarkable, I seem to be the only right-winger here so far on that last test, albeit only a little one with a score of +0.12. As for the libertarian element, I'm definitely in with you lot in the -5 range.

Chumbawamba - now there's a band smiley - bigeyes I remember their first single 'Liberation' coming on the John Peel show, and I just stopped everything that I was doing and just listened. I've been a confirmed fan to this day. Somewhere I'm sure I've still got a battered 'Never Mind The Ballots, Here's The Rest Of Your Life' t-shirt smiley - smiley

The excess cost of patients not turning up to appointments is as has been said before becuase they typically come in again, and so you've been through the whole process of setting up the appointment twice. The cost is most acutely felt in the Hopsital Outpatient setting where, depending upon the specialty, non-attendance rates can be up to 25%.

In some specialties now, we are piloting schemes to rearrange the booking process for outpatient appointments such that patients (to some extent) book their own appointment time. Then this is followed up with a phonecall just before the event to remind them to attend. The net effect is a much higher attendance rate, and a streamlining of the whole process with its attendent cost savings smiley - smiley


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1231

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

New journal entry: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/F25189?thread=475478. Thoughts/recommendations are greatly desired.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1232

Coniraya

Economic Left/Right: -3.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18
Which appears to put me close to Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama smiley - zen

Loved the photos of Vinnie, especially with Styx. Cassie was in my bad smiley - book yesterday for killing a robin and bringing it into the house smiley - cross

I have dipped into the photos, Marv and will go back when I have more time, it is a beautiful area.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1233

Titania (gone for lunch)

Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1234

Hati

Economic Left/Right: -7.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.82
That seems to put me close to Ormy. smiley - laugh I wonder if I am so leftish because of from where I come from or in spite of that.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1235

Mrs Zen

I'm scared of my living room.

B


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1236

Teuchter

"Lie down on this couch, B, and tell me all about it."


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1237

Mrs Zen

"Well that's the problem, Dr T. The couch is covered with washing, paper, books and all sorts of other stuff, and I just can't see anywhere to lie down. Do you think I should clean up my act?*

B


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1238

Ormondroyd

smiley - yikes I'm shocked at GreyDesk turning out to be right wing! This from the guy who used to have a Socialist Alliance link on his Personal Space! Are you sure you haven't been bitten by Michael Howard, GD? smiley - vampire

Lil, I have a message from AABA, the newly-formed Amalgamated Atelier Bots' Association: they want more oil and regular time off for maintenance, or you'll have to fetch your own smiley - cake.

(Heads into corner to sing 'The Red Flag' with Hati).


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1239

Teuchter

B, I think you should remove the pile of stuff currently on the couch - and put it on the floor behind the couch.
Then you won't be able to see it smiley - laugh

Or alternatively, if you want to feel better about having a messy abode, come round to my house and see the squalor we live in.

I do like a clean, tidy house but don't want to be the person who has to render it thus.

And anyway, a clean house is the sign of someone who doesn't read enough.......


smiley - run


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1240

Z

B don't worry I'm sure your flat isn't as messy as mine is in it's tidy state.

In fact mine is considerably less tidy after my take away curry.

Hati, I'm not surprised, after all wasn't the lack of Libertarianism the problem with communism rather than the left wing-ness. We've never had a proper socialist and libertarian state have we?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more