A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1141

Phil

And I suppose there will also be fines for those in the medical profession who even though their patients turn up early or on time waltz in half an hour or so after their surgery start time and wonder why there is a backlogsmiley - grr


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1142

Z

Which may be why it's going to die a death!


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1143

FG

My experience has been that someone in the doctor's or dentist's office leaves a message on my machine, reminding me that I have an appointment the next day.

smiley - bubbly Well done, Z!

Today is my first appointment with my cognitive therapist. I'm nervous *and* looking forward to seeing what she will be teaching me. This weekend I am going to a birthday party for my friend Dave. I'm in charge of making the cake. It will be a New York-style cheesecake with a huckleberry sauce. smiley - drool

::smiley - cuddle for Hati::


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1144

Toccata

I wish we had a garage! I have just had to fork out £300 to fix Pootle, and the chap said I would have been able to do the work myself over a few days smiley - wah


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1145

Z

smiley - ta FG, good luck tomorrow, it sounds intriging..

*pats Pootle, and consoles Toccata, if I'd have brought her it would have been my money..*

Just heard about my step mum via my Dad, he didn't take her in the end, because he was 'feeling newly inspired and needed to work' so he got my younger brother to.

She was seen by 'a doctor' who reassured her that there was nothing very seriously wrong, and has an appointment with an ENT specialist on Wednesday, which is only two working days away.

She's pleased that nothing's wrong, and I'm reasurred that she's seeing a specalist so quickly.

But this does mean that she won't be able to start her first job for nearly twenty years on Sunday which is just a stroke of very bad luck. The school are being very understanding, and happy to have her. She was a voluntary worker there before she went back to university to get her degree.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1146

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1147

Agapanthus



Hurrah, Z! smiley - bubbly


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1148

U195408

Thanks Toccata, for the beer advice. I'll see what I can do and let you know.

Congrats Z!

I thought I'd make light of it in my last post, but I have to say it plainly now. Coely's behaviour is bothering me. I don't think s/he should have the right to waltz in here, attack/insult salonistas, and waltz back out again, to a chorus of "we're sorry's" and "it's our faults". We all read each other's posts in an understanding and humorous light, which is what makes the Atelier so great. This is break from that tradition, and not a good precendent to set.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1149

Toccata

Z, it's one reason I'm glad you didn't buy Pootle, although there have been no real problems in the intervening year (YEAR!) old cars have no end of ongoing troubles, and can be quite a bind.

Ah well, that two components that won't have to be replaced for many years, just the other few hundred to worry about smiley - winkeye

Good luck with the Beer Dave, some of my favourite beers have 'unusual' additives. Banana bolter was good, and a Double Chocolate stout, (Brewed with coco powder in the boil) and my recent favourite features coffee. smiley - bigeyes


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1150

Hypatia

[Hyp]


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1151

Mrs Zen

Congratulations Z! Well done!

My head is not hurting at the moment, but I am wary of the rest of the weekend. I had nice things planned, and am disappointed not to be able to do them.

>> Coely's behaviour is bothering me. I don't think s/he should have the right to waltz in here, attack/insult salonistas, and waltz back out again, to a chorus of "we're sorry's" and "it's our faults". We all read each other's posts in an understanding and humorous light, which is what makes the Atelier so great. This is break from that tradition, and not a good precendent to set.

Coelacanth is a very long term hootooer, whose name is a reference to her preference for lurking over posting. However when she does post, her posts are always worth reading. The UKians who have met her at the meets, (the London meet and the Surry/Kent Girls Night Out), know that she is wise, intelligent, kind and funny. Oh, and she wears rock-chick boots.

I also have to say that the support she gave me during the stepson episodes made more difference to that young man than he will ever know.

I guess that it takes a while to have had any large amount of interaction with her on site, but I am proud and grateful to be able to call her a friend.

It can be unnerving to be reminded that cozy though the Atelier seems it is after all on the Internet. This is not an intranet, and every one out there can see it, as I have discovered to my embarrassed surprise in the past.

What I am saying, really, is that Coley is a long term though intermittent salonista, and that her posts should be seen in that light. Also her post was pertinant, to the point, funny and explained something that was confusing the non UKians. Titania realised that her own post had been misleadingly sharp, and it is apparent that we were suffering from the intermittent curse of the internet, which is the inability to see faces and hear tones of voice.

To be absolutely explicit, I have *never* seen her either attack or insult salonistas, and I have *always* seen her posts to be both understanding and humourous. Take your own advice, dude, and take mine, which is to back off the fish. smiley - ok

Back off to bed, now, I think. I loathe migraines.

B


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1152

U195408

I disagree Ben, but there's no need for us to argue over this.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1153

Mrs Zen

Okie dokie.

B


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1154

FG

::deftly avoids the drama::

Well, my appointment went well. I really like my therapist (since the Atelier likes initials, I'll use "S") and she offered a lot of positive feedback and had a game plan from the get go. Within 15 minutes of meeting me, S had my personality nailed down: big toughie on the outside, old softie on the inside. She wants the softie to come out and play more often.

So watch out!!

::waltzes off the stage:: smiley - winkeye


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1155

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Oh dear.

I have to admit that, when Coely first posted I felt both wounded and guilty; I don't respond to every post explicitly, but would never want anyone to feel deliberately snubbed, which seemed to be the sense of what Coely was saying. I hoped that the matter would blow over, and thought that her second post was entirely adequate to the matter, in that she was ruefully aware that her attitude had been misinterpreted.

While I haven't met her, I am sure that everything B says about Coely's character is true, and I would add that she is superb in pantomime.

But dave, as a relative newcomer, is not in a position to know any of this, and therefore he was justified in wondering -- perhaps not so strongly -- what Coely was about.

And B was perhaps a bit too strong in taking sides just now.

Back off everybody! smiley - winkeye Or I shall become disconcerted. This retrograde Mercury has made me just as short-tempered as the rest of youse, but I am maintaining my serene hostess persona.

Or we could do what people do in the town of Virgin, and require everyone to carry a gun. smiley - silly


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1156

Mrs Zen

Don't worry, Lil. I have said my smiley - 2cents and backed.

B


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1157

U195408

gladly, agreed. I apologize for using too strong of a wording, but I wanted to clear and concise, and ended up blunt and possibly mean.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1158

logicus tracticus philosophicus

ltp]


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1159

Witty Moniker

*sighs*


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1160

soeasilyamused, or sea

AHA! Mercury retrograde. I should have known. Old comp is on the fritz.

When Mercury goes retrograde, all h**k breaks loose when I touch anything more complex than a toaster. smiley - steam

*sprays vanilla air freshener to calm everyone down*

*gives Lil a smiley - hug in rememberance of past verbal tussles smiley - winkeye and hopes this will end up the same way - all being apologized for and forgiven*


Key: Complain about this post