A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

canaries, who will sing...

Post 1301

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

[Amy]


the love theme from "Night of the Living Dead". Speaking of the zombies

Post 1302

FG

It's a beautiful day here--sunny and 90°F.


...

Post 1303

FG

That's 32°C and 305.37 Kelvins for my overseas friends. smiley - smiley


..."Babalou" in seven-part harmony. Musical arrangement is by Frederick's of Hollywood, and costumes by...

Post 1304

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - biggrin
Go for it!
smiley - laugh
I'm just waiting for my next Last To The Forum cattle prod...
smiley - rofl
B4thenextthreadbegins


...

Post 1305

Z

Urgh! sounds far to hot to me. I'm odd it's been hitting 27 degrees recently and I'm considering the cooler weather to be another reason to go to Scotland.


..."Babalou" in seven-part harmony. Musical arrangement is by Frederick's of Hollywood, and costumes by...

Post 1306

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - groan
I show up here after work, see it's been ~3 HOURS~ since someone's posted, dash a quick bit of wry wit, and find I've simulposted with ~2 TWO~ other Salonistas! Ah, the challenge of keeping up with a popular forum thread...
smiley - laugh
postingB4ithappensagain


the Sisters of Perpetual Abuse.

Post 1307

Hypatia

[Hyp]


Sister Mary of the Perpetual Whack had her favorite ruler...

Post 1308

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

FG - yeah, salt vampires. I think I cribbed that particular detail from an old Star Trek episode - the villain was a creature that could disguise itself as a loved one, then when it had you, it would suck all the salt from your body. My particular dream was filled with these creatures, which chased me around until I ended up near the ocean. I thought I was safe - being near a body of water so full of salt, surely they'd leave me alone - but as the dream faded to black, I was still running. Unfortunately these dreams never have an ending - I always wake up before I find out what happens.


Which is why everyone kept complaining about the pins in the seams. Meanwhile,

Post 1309

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

dave, if it was a house, I would think about it. But it's an apartment, and I think the uni would frown on my burning it down.

Although there is a distinct possiblity that I may just move from one apartment to the other, so that might do it...we're moving and you're not.

At least he sleeps on the couch while he's here. And you are all correct; he is an adult. It's just hard on D. If it wasn't for D, he'd be soooo long gone.


Which is why everyone kept complaining about the pins in the seams. Meanwhile,

Post 1310

Z

More sensiblity: I know nothing about the situation, but why let that stop me attempting to give advice. It makes a change from to be suffering from generalised aniexty disorder or I will be if this hyperventilation, sweating, preoccupation with failing my degree, and tachycardia continues for six months and doesn't resolve when/if I pass the resit.

Can you dump all his things with his mum/dad friend who lives locally,and wouldn't mind putting him up whilst he gets back on his feet. The write to him explaining what you've done.

I'd also try and do the moving whilst D was having a fun weekend staying with a friend.

Right back to revision - side effects of Benzodiazpines.

*thinks about resit*

AGHHHHhhhhhhggghhh

Several quotes from today that sum up my mood.

'If you'll excuse me, I have to get home and hyperventilate'

Other student 'So what happens if we fail this'
me (quietly) 'we die a slow and horrible death,

Look I don't do resits, I don't do failure, not in this subject, I like pscyhiatry for f**ks sake.


Which is why everyone kept complaining about the pins in the seams. Meanwhile,

Post 1311

Z

I like it so much I even know that it's spelt psychiatry.

We had some revision lectures today from a forensic psychiatrist, who was giving examples of her patients with the conditions. But as she worked at one of the three national high security hospitals they were all convicted of terrible crimes, for example she said.

'Usually in obbessional compulsive disease you get a compulison to wash your hands, but my patient got a compulsion to kill police officers, otherwise it was a typical case'

She was ever so nice as well, not the sort of person you'd expect to spend there days treating murderers.


Sister Mary and her jet-setting friend, Joan the Incontinent, will be hosting a talk show...

Post 1312

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

I'd rather have a nice, empathic person treating murderers than a sadistic one!


..

Post 1313

Z

True. I'm not sure what sort of person I expected would work at that sort of clinic.


..

Post 1314

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Z, I don't know that D would want to come home to a completely new house! Nor does he have any local family...the closest is 1200 miles away, so that's pretty much right out. I'm thinking about getting him a storage unit, but that would mean $$ from me, which I don't have.


On the subject of "Transcontinental Incontinence." Meanwhile, the zombies...

Post 1315

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


I've been watching episodes of West Wing all afternoon. Who plays Lord John Marbry?


...

Post 1316

Sol

[Sol]


...will be featured in a film a remake of a classic love story and epic tale of candy-making, "Casa Blancmange."

Post 1317

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - laugh
Oh, yeah! Oh, that's gotta hurt.
smiley - groan
Comes of staying up too late, trying to convince my body to get out of the Refuel Outage Owl Shift, and back into the Day Shift mode...
smiley - laugh
B4thehallucinationsdistractme


...

Post 1318

Titania (gone for lunch)

The rain is just *pouring* down - rivers and lakes all over the place

I *knew* I should have taken the bus to the train station instead of walking as usual - I got splashed down by a passing car, and am now waiting for my trousers to dry...smiley - cross


...

Post 1319

Coniraya

Got my hait appointment this morning, 3 hours of it! Then a blood test this evening.

I am looking forward to tomorrow.


...

Post 1320

Mrs Zen

I have been smiley - brr for the last 48 hours, absolutely frozen. I don't know if it is because of the wind and the humidity, (give me -10 in Sweden any day), or if it is early on-set menopause...

Anyway I can tell it is warm in the office, and I am *still* feeling chilly in a velvet top, a woollen skirt and a cardigan... smiley - erm

B


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more