A Conversation for The Saving The Galaxy Effort

And to pilot the ship...

Post 1

404 "File Not Found" (SUB, 40+2/3+28=42)

...Liutenient Commander 404FNF reporting!

Yes, Sterflaat did send me to help yousmiley - biggrin After all, if you've got a big ship, you need a pilot.


And to pilot the ship...

Post 2

J'au-æmne

Hmmm. The crew seems unresponsive...


And to pilot the ship...

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Interesting... Space seems to be caught in a loop here...

If you follow the link posted last October at the end of the "Idiotically Brave Away Mission Number 2", it takes you to the start of this thread which was created nine months later.

It's possible that the system has assigned this thread an ID which matches one still "in moderation"... If that's possible, the database can look forward to "interesting times". smiley - biggrin


And to pilot the ship...

Post 4

J'au-æmne

doesn't do that for me...


And to pilot the ship...

Post 5

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Joanna, I just did it again...

Go to the last page of the "Away Mission 2" thread, and click on the "[in other words, go here]" link from Mew - it takes you to this thread! Weird... smiley - online2long


And to pilot the ship...

Post 6

J'au-æmne

I did that and it didn't.
Are you using frames? or single page view?


And to pilot the ship...

Post 7

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Frames here... Yourself?


And to pilot the ship...

Post 8

J'au-æmne

Single pages.
Thats the difference - if you load http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F37895 right now, you'll probably get back to this thread, because in frames it automatically loads the most recent thread if you click on a forum. In single page view, it shows the conversation list.
So while this may appear to have the older thread number, it doesn't, because the system is ignoring the ?thread=???? bit at the end of the url, but not deleting it from your screen.


And to pilot the ship...

Post 9

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Ahhh, OK, I see it now. Thanks for clearing that up, Joanna! smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post