A Conversation for United States of America (USA)

Humour!

Post 181

Hoop the Mottle

I've seen it.Believe me, the Brits have done better.


USA needs to Import Humor

Post 182

reverand42

You know one of the reasons the British don't find Americans funny is because of the language barrier.

Did you know that in England if you were to say "Last night I got pissed and smoked a fag." you would be say "Last night I got intoxicated and smoked a cigerrette."
In the U.S. of America if you were to say "Last night I got pissed and smoked a fag." you would would actually be saying "Last night I became very angry and shot a homosexual."
It's no wonder it's hard to appretiate another country's humo(u)r.
Reverand42


USA needs to Import Humor

Post 183

TowelMaster

These are revealing comments reverand...
There's a new expression that's getting very popular in the U.S.A.
"Doing a Lewinsky', get what...?


Humour vs. Humor

Post 184

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Jesus, people, try not to be so literal. I know which language came first. The English invented the language, and Americans later inproved on it by removing superfluous letters. Don't be such tight-asses


USA needs to Import Humor

Post 185

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

anonymous quote: all generalizations are wrong, including this one.


USA needs to Import Humor

Post 186

Dumand

hang on .... Augience - I thought the laughter was dubbed on afterwards


Humour vs. Humor

Post 187

Anonymouse

Excuse me, but I -am- a 'Merkin... and I can honestly say that bit of 'improved upon' is just an excuse because the educational system here in the states is probably Thee worst of all so-called 'advanced' nations... I'd go on, but I'd be giving away things. smiley - winkeye


Humour vs. Humor

Post 188

Anonymouse

Oh yeah... *checks rear tension* ... tight? erm... *repress*

smiley - fish


Humour!

Post 189

Anonymouse

Uhm... I'm not talking about any "US version" here... I'm referring to the one all my Ozzie friends have to rush off to see whenever it's on.

smiley - winkeye


USA needs to Import Humor

Post 190

Ghostwind

Is this a reference to the kind of things you can do with a cigar or shouldn't we go there??? Please enlighten us as to its meaning!! *grins*


Humour vs. Humor

Post 191

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

True, our education system ranks at the bottom of industrialized nation, and now we're stuck with misspellings on purpose. But I was referring to good Mr. Webster, in the early days of the country. He wrote our dictionary, and tried to do the impossible....impose logic on the English language. All he managed to do was simplify a few spellings. The Brits had been adding superfluous letters to make things more attractive, but it really just made the language even more confusing.


USA needs to Import Humor

Post 192

reverand42

Well ghostwind, to answer your question all I can say is get put into a high politic position, find an intern, grab some knee pads and let nature take it course.(or let the intern have the dessert course.)


USA needs to Import Humor

Post 193

TowelMaster

I want an intern.......................................


Change of Subject

Post 194

Caleb

Does anyone know why birds don't write their memorirs?


Windows Needs to Import Humor

Post 195

Dumand

try out a slightly more useless one -
prompt $d $t$h$h$h$h$h$_computer name$p$g (note the space at the end!)


Change of Subject

Post 196

Anonymouse

Because their feathers keep getting caught in all those little wires? smiley - winkeye


Another Change of Subject

Post 197

Caleb

This is changing the subject again, but have you noticed that someone can say something totally loony and not notice it? I say, punch 'em then and there!


Another Change of Subject

Post 198

reverand42

Hey Caleb,

*PUNCH*

you asked for it.


USA needs to Import Humor

Post 199

Clarisse

CANADIAN COMEDIANS:

Jim Carrey
John Candy
Dave Foley
Mike Myers
And MANY MANY more actors and actresses.

AND BY THE WAY... THANKS FOR STEALING NIKITA FROM CANADA!
Didn't have the talent there, so you had to get it from here!


Another Change of Subject

Post 200

RiffRaff

I'd like to add Denis Leary and Janene Garofalo (sp?) to the list of good American comics. Also Emo Phillips. "I like to play with the little children at the park.... because, they don't know I'm using blanks."

The USA has a lot of good stand-up comics, but owing to the nature of stand-up comedy, it has a whole lot of bad ones as well.


Key: Complain about this post