Lincolnshire Delight

0 Conversations

Brought up in rural Lincolnshire, I was always encourage to eat pig products in all their various manifestations. This recipe sees one of the nicest products hold up an otherwise boring sausage-meat plait recipe. The name of the dish is all mine; if anyone knows of another dish whose title I might be inadvertantly stealing, let me know.

Ingredients (Serves 4)

  • 8oz pork sausagemeat
  • 4oz black pudding
  • 1tbsp apple sauce1
  • 2 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry (or you can make your own)
  • 2oz butter

Method

  1. Chop the black pudding into a small dice. Mush together in a bowl, using your hands, with the sausagemeat and apple sauce.
  2. Place one of the puff pastry sheets on a layer of baking parchment on a baking tray. On top, spread the pork mixture in a thick layer, leaving an inch of pastry at the sides, but none at the top and bottom.
  3. Slice the other sheet of pastry into 6 strips. Arrange the strips diagonally on top of the pork to form a lattice shape. Turn up the sides and press them together.
  4. Melt the butter gently in a small saucepan and brush it liberally over the top of the pastry.
  5. Place in a pre-heated oven at 175°C for 35-40 minutes until the pastry puffs up and browns. Check that it is piping hot throughout.
  6. Slice into 4 and serve with cabbage, carrots and boiled potatoes. Also nice served cold with a picnic.

Back to my recipe book.

1If you want to make your own apple sauce, rather than buy the stuff in jars, simply peel, core and dice 3 cooking apples. Put them in a saucepan with a squeeze of lemon juice and 2tbsp water. Simmer slowly until you achieve the right mushy consistency.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2884115

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more