The Onion - America's Finest News Source

0 Conversations

Any non-American who has watched American Television will no doubt be aware of the state that such programmes are in. It is then no surprise that the organisation calling itself "America's Finest News Source" is not in the business of television, but rather print, and, for the more technologically ept News-Fans, THE INTERNET, at the address www.theonion.com.

It is encouraging that one News source has finally found a method of delivering it's news and facts that is unslanted and unbiased in it's publications. It does this in an ingenius fashion: It has no facts to bias.

Yes, shocking as it may appear, 97.2% of information given in it's fine storytelling is just that: Made up, just like this statistic. With Headlines such as "73% of U.S. Livestock Show Signs Of Clinical Depression", and "U.N. Orders Wonka To Submit To Chocolate Factory Inspections", who could believe that these stories are not coming features on CNN? Along with Opinion Pieces, Polls, Horoscopes, and News in Brief ("Riverboat Horseracing Fails Utterly", 7-Year-Old Loses Respect For Shrek After Seeing Him In Burger King Commercial,") the Onion seems to provide the perfect retreat from the gaining of actual knowledge.

For more of this un-knowledge, www.theonion.com is as good a place as any to start.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2862001

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more