A Conversation for The Do-It-Yourself Obituary Page

DIY Obits

Post 21

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

You may be amused to hear of my attempt to find Death on H2G2 last night. A directory search turned up about a dozen varieties of death. Some, like scumdeath I eschewed from the getgo.

The Angel of Death appears to have worked briefly for Tesco, the supermarket chain. He hasn't manifested on h2g2 for 44 weeks.

DEATH (no researcher ID) manifested exactly once, in a forum, where he threatened 14 year old researcher Jinx. He was riding Binky at the time.

Dr. Death was ambitious and submitted 4 entries to the Guide, but none were accepted, and he too has been gone for 44 weeks.

Death Rattle, Neardeath, Jim Death, DeathB and Deathknight have failed to contribute to fora, have created no journals, have written no Guide entries, and most of them didn't even bother to put anything on their home pages.

It seems to me that there is a convergene of consequence here, and I have decided not to seek alliance with any form of death. Better to freelance, I think.

Lil


DIY Obits

Post 22

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Great stuff! Jim and his collegues might be interested to learn that the Guide seems to be antidotal to death.

A memorial in any form cheats death a little, I think. I'd be wary of anyone the least bit reaper-like offering to help with an obituary.smiley - winkeye

JTG


DIY Obits

Post 23

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Two questions:
1. Have you seen my obit for Dan Cassel? I attached it to the thread about the teacher.

2. Higher up in this thread you spoke of the page to which this thread is attached as provisional. Is there a permanent page yet?


DIY Obits

Post 24

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Your obituary for Daniel Warder Cassel (1875-1914) is on the Obituary Page. Sorry, I meant to post a note to that affect.

I may have been referring to the question of how each of the three sections were going to be introduced, linked, and presented in the POST. I had intended to give DIY Obits a full page introduction linked to the actual submissions, which would be on a seperate page; but, the introduction I ended up with doesn't really warrant a page of its own. I think the page looks quite presentable having the obits directly beneath the introduction.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more