The h2g2 Post Recipe

0 Conversations

Portuguese Fowl?

We would also be happy to feature your own personal favourite recipe but do remember that you should not submit anything which may be copyright. Send your suggestions or recipes to Shazz.

Peri-peri Chicken

This is one of those recipes that varies enormously, depending on who you ask - I asked one of my Portuguese friends for her recipe, and it was foul!

What You Need (Serves 2)

  • 4 chicken quarters
  • 1 tbsp green chilli paste (or 3 green chillies, finely minced)
  • 5 dried red chillies (preferable peri-peri chillies), minced
  • 8 cloves garlic
  • Fresh basil and flat-leaf parsley. One handful of each, finely chopped
  • 1 shallot, very finely chopped
  • 1 glass red wine
  • 2tbsp olive oil

What To Do

  1. Mash up the chillies, garlic, herbs and shallot, preferably with a pestle and mortar.
  2. Add the olive oil and wine. Mix well.
  3. Slash deep cuts into the meat of the chicken. Smother the marinate over the chicken quarters, rubbing into the cuts well.
  4. Leave for at least 24 hours.
  5. Grill, griddle or BBQ the chicken over the highest heat possible. Timings will vary, according to the size of the quarters, but check that the juices run clear when pierced with a skewer. Good with a green salad and some cous-cous.

Variations

As mentioned above, this recipe varies considerably, given its domestic origins. If it's too spicy, take out some chilli. If it's too garlicky, leave out some of that. Go with the flow, y'know.

Next Time: Saag Paneer

The Recipe Archive

Master B

01.07.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2792379

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more