A Conversation for Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

forgot

Post 1

AEndr, The Mad Hatter

you forgot the multitude of golf courses and driving (racing) up and down the prom avoiding all the learner drivers, the Wirral Show and the Motorcycle Races


forgot

Post 2

Possum

And standing on the prom front on a windy day trying to avoid the waves as they come crashing up from the river/sea.


forgot

Post 3

Bazz

Also, the incredible sunsets over the Irish Sea, best viewed from Harrison Drive. I love Wallasey. Although if I won the lottery, I'd probably move to Heswall Hills!


forgot

Post 4

AEndr, The Mad Hatter

I went to Guides in Harrison Hall. I made my promise on the sand dunes not too far from there - where one could see the sea and hills and the sky. Just during and after the promise ceremony, the sun set. If you know Guiding, you will know that the closing song to a meeting goes "day is done, gone the sun, from the sea, from the hills, from the sky"

The BEST place to make a promise, ever.


forgot

Post 5

Bazz

I live not far from Harrison Park. The views are fantastic from the top of the hills. I especially like to see the Welsh mountains in the winter, their tops covered in snow. It must have been a very moving promise ceremony, with the sunset crowning it all!
I recall taking the family to the park to view the solar eclipse a couple of years ago. Quite a crowd had gathered there. I'll never forget the moment that the birds became silent! Quite a spiritual moment.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more