This recipe makes an enjoyable, light 'starter' which can be served as the first part of a three course meal. Alteratively, it can be eaten as a light snack.
Tortillas are thin pancakes which originate from Mexico, however, they are eaten all over the world in a variety of cultures, including the UK. If you are feeling particularly adventurous, you can make your own tortillas here,or you can buy them ready made in the shops.Ingredients (serves two)
and freshly prepared salad of your choice.Method
- 1. Chop the onion into fine pieces
- 2. Place the turkey thigh into a frying pan, sprinkle with chicken seasoning as desired, and fry for approximately 5 minutes until golden brown.
- 3. Add the chopped onion to the turkey and fry for a further twenty minutes stirring constantly
- 4. Heat the tortillas until warm either in the microwave for 1 minute, under the grill for one minute or in another frying pan on the hob for 1 minute.
- 5. Place one tortilla on each plate and place the turkey thigh and onion in the centre.
- 6. Fold each edge of the tortilla to the centre, turn the tortilla over to prevent it from opening, and serve with the freshly prepared salad.