A Conversation for Who Is Bluebottle?

Novels

Post 1

Cupid Stunt

Have you had anything published?


Novels

Post 2

Bluebottle

Sadly not. smiley - sadface
Mainly because I have no idea how to. I know no publishers, or agents, and don't really know how to get in contact with them. There aren't really things like that on the Island, and I only have printed out one copy of my stories as they are on a lot of paper, so I am reluctant to send them off. smiley - sadface
If you know how to get something published, an address, or how to do it PLEASE let me know, and I'll be ETERNALLY grateful!

<BB<


Novels

Post 3

Cupid Stunt

I'll do a bit of digging.


Novels

Post 4

Munchkin

I did used to hang out with some published (and aspiring) authors (mainly to absorb some of their qudos). What they seemed to say is, find a short story magazine, Interzone is good for Sci-Fi, and read that. Once you have an idea whay they will accept, send them stuff. If you are good, you will get published, and then publishing houses will begin to notice you. Write some good stuff more than once, and they will phone you up. Ta da!!!!
Also, get as many people as possible to read your stuff and give you useful feedback. Stuff like, "I thought character A was too weedy for the plot" or "Perhaps playing up the link between thread E and C would make things clearer to the public" rather than "That was cool!" which, while nice, doesn't help to improve your writing.
Hope that helps.


Novels

Post 5

Bluebottle

Thanks Munchkin - I'll bear it in mind.
Trouble is I'm more a longer-story writer, but short stories will certainly open the door. smiley - smiley


Novels

Post 6

Peregrin

I think you ought to put The Last Comic Kid online. I've read it and I think it's very good.


Novels

Post 7

Bluebottle

I think I may put the first chapter online...
I wonder if H2G2 would be able to get in contact with any publishers, using Douglas Adam's connection? It may be possible to collect an anthology of stories written by people inspired by DNA.
But knowing how involved DNA is, I doubt it.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more