A Conversation for Lucy the Elephant, Margate City, New Jersey, USA

Comments?

Post 1

Jimi X

Please comment here on my entry about Lucy the Elephant.

Thanks! smiley - smiley


Comments?

Post 2

Global Village Idiot

Yea, Jimi!

This is certainly part of what the Guide should be - well-written tales of unusual places.

The only tiny loose end I could see was what people would like Lucy to be a museum *of* - Margate, elephant-shaped buildings - or maybe elephants?

Aside from that, a joy. Thanks.

GVI
smiley - smiley


Comments?

Post 3

Jimi X

Ooops. It's supposed to be a museum of shore history. You know, a public bathing areas in New Jersey kind of thing with old swimming suits and life guard gear and some stuff about the region's sea-faring history. I'll add that into the entry someplace.


Comments?

Post 4

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I was briefly confused - the "coming up" page just calls the article "Lucy the Elephant", so I was expecting an insight into the history of animals relieving themselves on live childrens' television... smiley - winkeye Fortunately, the longer title on the actual article cleared up any lingering confusion...

(One of the UK's longest-running children's shows, "Blue Peter" had an Elephant peeing on the studio floor and then dragging its keeper through it on live TV during the 1960s; the clip is shown every couple of years since... As far as I can remember, it too was called "Lucy"...)


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Lucy the Elephant, Margate City, New Jersey, USA

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more