A Conversation for Lucy the Elephant, Margate City, New Jersey, USA

A269417 - Lucy the Elephant

Post 1

Jimi X

http://www.h2g2.com/A269417

I noticed there weren't any entries about New Jersey in the Guide (perhaps with good reason), but since I used to spend summers in Margate City when I was in college. That giant elephant sticks in my mind still. It's ugly, but don't ever say that while you're in town - you're liable to get run out of town on a rail.

Any and all feedback are welcome! smiley - smiley

- X


A269417 - Lucy the Elephant

Post 2

Global Village Idiot

It's very good. Almost perfect. I predict it won't be here long...

I only wish there were some way for the 'no pictures' rule to be bent so I could actually *see* Lucy!

GVI
smiley - smiley


A269417 - Lucy the Elephant

Post 3

Global Village Idiot

For anyone else who's curious, you can see her - here
http://www.njsouth.com/index-lucy.htm
It's more... elephanty than I expected.
And, as Jimi says, uglier.
smiley - winkeye


A269417 - Lucy the Elephant

Post 4

Jimi X

Hey! I never said she was ugly - that's my story and I'm sticking with it...

You can get into trouble saying that she's ugly in Margate - they are really proud of their pachyderm. smiley - winkeye


A269417 - Lucy the Elephant

Post 5

Jimi X

It's about a three-hour drive down there, but if the art team asked me real nicely, I could go and shoot her with the digital camera and email them the photos.

A drawing of this thing wouldn't do it justice. smiley - smiley


A269417 - Lucy the Elephant - Accepted

Post 6

Global Village Idiot

Hi Jimi,

Thanks for writing this article and bringing it to our attention. I'm pleased to be able to tell you that it was favourably received, and has now gone into the Editorial Process for future inclusion in the Edited Guide. As you know, this is by no means the end, nor even the beginning of the end: but it should at least prove the end of the beginning. The usual e-mail will alert you when its gestation period is complete.

Congratulations,

Gary


A269417 - Lucy the Elephant - Accepted

Post 7

Jimi X

Do you think the art team would want me to travel east to New Jersey with the old digital camera and shoot that elephant?

They've run a few entries with photos instead of art team artwork. I wonder....

And thanks for the kind words. smiley - smiley


A269417 - Lucy the Elephant - Accepted

Post 8

Mark Moxon

Editorial note: This thread has been moved off the Peer Review page to the entry's own forums, as it has now been accepted for editing.


A269417 - Lucy the Elephant - Accepted

Post 9

Jimi X

Thanks Mark.
BTW: If the art team wants me to, I'll drive over to Atlantic City and take some photos of Lucy for them.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Lucy the Elephant, Margate City, New Jersey, USA

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more