A Conversation for The Continuation of Deep Space Nine

Good quality books, but Unity?

Post 1

Phifty

I found all the books in the series (as well as the parallel books, mot of which I read) to be well written and quite interesting, but when the book series came tied back together with the most recent book Unity I discovered it to be anti-climactic at best and quite confusing at worst. Besides the multitude of issues that the book's ending brings up it seemed an almost cheep ending, very flat reactions from the characters and a good deal left loose when it came to the story lines. I found it quite unsatisfying and hope they intend to continue it farther. DS9 is probably the most interesting of the Treks, with the deepest characters and it should get a better ending then Unity has given it.


Good quality books, but Unity?

Post 2

Researcher 198131

Never fear, the series is continuing.
The next one too look out for is the beginning of the Worlds of Star Trek Deep Space Nine Series:
Volume One: Cardassia: The Lotus Flower by Una McCormack Andor: Paradigm by Heather Jarman

It's two stories in one volume. The first one Focuses on Shar and Prynn, the second on the O'Briens.

Next is Trill & Bajor, then The Dominion & Ferenginar. I haven't read those two yet.

I did enjoy Unity, but am glad it is not the end. I agree, it kind of left me hanging for more.
smiley - elf


Good quality books, but Unity?

Post 3

Phifty

Sounds good, I'll have to pick up the books.

It wasn't just that Unity left me hanging, it seemed as if it was written by an entirely different S.D. Perry (sp?) then the one that wrote the first two. Not only was the style a little off but the plot simply wasn't as well put together.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Continuation of Deep Space Nine

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more