A Conversation for Peveril Castle, Derbyshire, UK

Peer Review: A2683820 - Peveril Castle, Derbyshire, UK

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: Peveril Castle, Derbyshire, UK - A2683820
Author: Bluebottle - Currently considering organising an Isle of Wight Festival meet-up... - U43530

An article about the oldest of Derbyshire's castles - Peveril Castle.

<BB<


A2683820 - Peveril Castle, Derbyshire, UK

Post 2

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Hi Bluebottle,

Looks a good entry (OK, I haven't read it thoroughly yet).

You might consider linking to Paully's excellent entry on Henry II, which I'm sure is now recommended (and thus linkable).

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote


A2683820 - Peveril Castle, Derbyshire, UK

Post 3

Metal Chicken

That's a good, thorough article about probably my nearest castle. smiley - ok Certainly taught me some history.
It'll have been thronged with visitors and people picnicking on the slopes this weekend, but I think you get a much stronger sense of history when you visit on a dreary October day.


A2683820 - Peveril Castle, Derbyshire, UK

Post 4

Bluebottle

Hello, thanks for dropping by. smiley - smiley

Alas, at the moment the article on King Henry II is merely recommended, and not edited, so I won't be leaving a link to it. (Just as I've not left links to my articles on Castles of Yorkshire which are also similarly only recommended). But I have included links to King Stephen and Edward II, and as soon as Henry II is officially edited, I'll add the link to the edited page.

When I went to Peveril Castle last there was no way anyone could have a picnic on the slopes as hordes of children were rolling down them non-stop!

<BB<


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 6

Cyzaki

Congrats! smiley - bubbly

smiley - panda


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 7

Bluebottle

smiley - ok Thanks all!

<BB<


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 8

flyingtwinkle

i humbly salute all the bulders of the castle the engineers the historians the writer who wrote this article and the great castle itself for its majestic life ,history and existance


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

Bluebottle

On behalf of the castle, and all of the above, I humbly accept your kind salutations. smiley - smiley

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peveril Castle, Derbyshire, UK

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more