Corner Gas

0 Conversations

IF YOU WANT TO SUGGEST ANYTHING FOR THIS ARTICLE, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT HERE, BUT PREFERABLY IN MY SPACE (U7702075)

Corner Gas


Corner Gas is a the most watch Canadian comedy TV show who run, for the moment, since 2001, with five seasons (and a last sixth to come). It tells the story of people living in a very small town called Dog River (about 500 inhabitants) about 40 kilometres from nowhere in Saskatchewan (a west province of Canada).

The characters


The Characters name are almost all coming from cities of Saskatchewan
Brent Leroy: He’s the corner gas owner, a with service gas pump station, always wearing his blue uniforms even when he takes one of his hundred coffee a day. He’s the friend of everyone in the town, son of Emma and Oscar Leroy, his best friend is Hank. He loves comic books, chili cheese dog and his pump station. He is the central personage of the TV show.


Hank Yarbo: The best friend of Brent, he’s very simple mind, have a really good heart., don’t have good ideas very often, and when he has one, it turns always bad (especially in the episode Gopher it). Naive and hopeless, he finds jobs but he will always quit them, or get fire. He also enjoys comics.


Lacey Burrows: Owner of the Coffee shop next to the Gas Station, she’s from Toronto. She talks a lot and happen to always misunderstand what’s happening around her and spread what she thinks is the truth around the town creating comic situation.


Emma Leroy: The mother of Brent, she’s a very clever women and happen to not very like his husband Oscar. She’s always in a bad moon, but straight to the point.


Oscar Leroy: The father of Brent, married to Emma, cranky old man. He always tries to take advantage of the situation, by stealing or putting one person against the other. He’s quite often confuse when too much complex tricks are effectuate or when too simple tips are done.


Wanda Dollard: Employee of Corner Gas, she’s extremely bright and quick, not to say pedantic. She doesn’t really appreciate Hank, always telling him statement like:

Wanda- This is your best idea ever Hank!

Hank- Really? So you really think it’s a good idea?

Wanda- No, I think it’s your best idea Hank.

She's certainly never sarcastic


Karen Pelly: Police officer, she is the only person who realise that they are in a small city and that two polices are not necessary, but she tries to keep that quiet to save her job. She has always a new side of her to show, from martial art to diving in apnea.


Davis Quinton: Sergeant of police, fan of science-fiction, he takes his job a bit too much seriously. He really appreciate the mayor and obey every each of his command. He also always tries to arrange things for the best (what happened after is not necessarily what Davis what trying to do…)


Fitzy Fitzgerald: The mayor, present in only few of the episodes, he’s quite often depicts as a frustrate man who takes him too seriously, he gets easily angry. But always try to appear very serious.

Guest stars

The Very Honourable Prime Ministers (as themselves)

The Very Honourable Paul Martin: The very first appearance of a prime minister in a TV show, he appears in the beginning of NAME TO BE FOUND has himself addressing a message to the nation when Brent appear from the background and asking politely for delaying the message or @mailing, “CC”ing the nation at the place of taking his small half-hour of free time where he could do what he wants. It ends while Paul Martin says to Brent that he likes his way of thinking and Brent trying to ask to become minister of something, Martin prefer going instead of arguing with him.

The Very Honourable Stephen Harper: He appears in the episode Gopher it, discussing about the Prairie Dogs, Gophers’ affair and telling to the journalist that he prefers Prairie Dog, seeing that the media don’t approve his choice, he changes his taught and tell them that he means Gophers, then he raises his thumbs.

Ministers

General Governor Adrienne Clarkson:

Minister of Saskatchewan:

Others


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A26639959

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more