Guinness

1 Conversation


Guinness is the best alcocolic beverage in the world. It has a pleasingly bitter taste, due to it's creation process which involves burning the hops. This also gives it a slightly burnt flavour. It is best served from a draught pump, in a pub. The Guinness Original, available in bottles, is not as smooth, and the canned draught Guinness is not quite as flavoursome. As you move further from Ireland, the quality decreases. However, this does not mean that it has become undrinkable by Norwich, however. It still tastes lovely.

I am reliably informed that in Northern Ireland it is even better than here in Cardiff, so that'll be on my Holiday Wish-List then Somewhere near the top, just below Seattle.

Guinness is, I am informed, an "acquired taste", which basically means that some people don't like it. Quite a lot of people in fact. But since these tend to be the sort of people who drink lager, we can safely ignore their pleas.

It is brewed in Dublin and London (it says here on the tin), and another item on my Holiday Wish-List is the Guinness brewery in Dublin.

I know many people who don't like Guinness, but also a fair few who do. Those who don't lik it have commented, however, on the fact that it is a good-looking pint. The contrast between head and body is very crisp, and I have to agree with them on the aesthetically-pleasing qualities of the drink when in a good clean glass.

Mmm, looks good enough to drink!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A260588

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more