A Conversation for Greebo And Oss's Word Game!!!

Club House #2

Post 1

GreeboTCat

Welcome to the all new club house...

See the comfy chairs arranged for easy access to other researchers

See the smattering of tables ready and indeed willing to hold drinks

See the open self service bar, always full, never empty.

See the pile of doughnuts.. er... hmmm... ~Greebo pushes the pile behind a curtain and hopes everyone ignores them~

See the buffy (vampire slayer??) table... filled with open rolls and sausage rolls and jam tarts... catering for all eating tastes... please try the vegan selection... its outta this world

What more could a researcher want from a club house... please come in a make yourselves comfortable...


Club House #2

Post 2

Gwennie

*A knock can be heard at the door and Gwennie's head peers round*

Hello? Anyone here? Oh, hi Greebo! smiley - smiley

*Spies the vast selection of food and her tummy rumbles*

Oh vegan goodies! Yummy! May I? smiley - smiley

*Makes her way across the room and collects an empty plate in anticipation*

Wonderful furnishings, Greebo! You simply must give me your interior designer's name, dahling... smiley - winkeye


Club House #2

Post 3

GreeboTCat

~Greebo flops in a chair besides Gwennie~... Well the old place needed a total refit... and me is my decorator... me couldn't chance any of those inferior designers...~Greebo tuts to herself~

So Gwennie my favorite h2g2 friend... how are you me old mucker??? ~Greebo playfully swats Gwennie with her paw... claws in of course~


Club House #2

Post 4

GreeboTCat

~Greebo flops in a chair besides Gwennie~... Well the old place needed a total refit... and me is my decorator... me couldn't chance any of those inferior designers...~Greebo tuts to herself~

So Gwennie my favorite h2g2 friend... how are you me old mucker??? ~Greebo playfully swats Gwennie with her paw... claws in of course~


Club House #2

Post 5

Gwennie

Fine Greebo, thanks for asking... The kids are off school for six weeks, starting three days ago, but who's counting? *Bangs her head on her computer* They won't leave me alone and keep wanting me to do things for them, like feed and bath them, take them swimming and shopping with me. I try to hide from them, but they know all my hidey holes!

Oh, and I'm nervous about the CAB interview tomorrow...My stomach is churning already! What if they don't want me, even as a volunteer? What a dent to the old ego that would be, hey? smiley - sadface

*Pours herself a drink with a shaking hand and fondles her jeans wistfully*

I like my jeans..... smiley - winkeye

How about yourself, Greebo? smiley - smiley Are you going on holiday this year or aren't you entitled to leave with your new employer yet?


Club House #2

Post 6

GreeboTCat

~Greebo glances at Gwennies jeans...~ Me likes them too... ~grin~

Me going to Norfolk for a week in October... only a hour or so away... but it will be nice get away...


Club House #2

Post 7

Gwennie

Ah yes! Jeans! I don't usually "fondle" my jeans but was in shock at not being able to wear them for a day! smiley - smiley

I start with the CAB in September, when the kids go back to school. The interview was actually enjoyable and I feel a "right wally" for getting so wound up about it!

Norfolk? Are you going on the Broads in a canal boat by any chance? I'd love to do that for a holiday. One of my brothers hired a boat on the Norfolk Broads for a week with some friends and had a wonderful time.


Club House #2

Post 8

GreeboTCat

Me is glad that enjoyed your interview.... interviews can be quite a strain sometimes....

My husband and me... ~grin~ ... sorry... me went a little royal there... ~bigger grin~... we will be staying in a lovely little cottage near the broads... so it is quite possible that we might spend some time in a boat of some sort...

Me and him are going to a Clarecraft convention this weekend... going to say hello to Terry Pratchett... should be fun...


Club House #2

Post 9

Gwennie

Ohh! You lucky peeps! The cottage sounds wonderful! smiley - smiley No doubt, you'll be hoping to get Terry Pratchett's autograph this weekend...

Have you listened to the audio versions of his novels? I borrowed "Men at Arms", read by Nigel Planer (Neil from "The Young Ones") from my local library. It kept me giggling all the way through piles of ironing! smiley - bigeyes


Club House #2

Post 10

GreeboTCat

Me has a lot of the abridged tapes.. read by Tony Robinson... they are very good and usually help me to fall asleep when Stooby is not around... ~sad sigh~


Club House #2

Post 11

Gwennie

Aww! Does Stooby work shifts? (John used to work shifts and I hated going to bed on my own, so used to listen to Radio 4 or the World Service).


Club House #2

Post 12

GreeboTCat

Stooby is away seven nights in 3 weeks... me is trying to get used to it... but me doesn't like it an awful lot....


Club House #2

Post 13

Gwennie

Yes, it can be a bit rotten. (I know from past experience.) You'll have to get a small furry creature to cuddle up with on the lonley nights. smiley - smiley Are there any whose fur you aren't allergic to?


Club House #2

Post 14

GreeboTCat

Well me has Kiyah... me not allergic to her... ~grin~


Club House #2

Post 15

Gwennie

Yes, but would she get under the duvet with you?


Club House #2

Post 16

GreeboTCat

Nooo... she not like that...


Club House #2

Post 17

Gwennie

She's your pet bird, isn't she? A strange pet for a cat to keep! smiley - winkeye


Club House #2

Post 18

GreeboTCat

Nooooo... ~big grin~... Kiyah is my new doggie chum...


Club House #2

Post 19

Gwennie

A new doggie! Gosh! What's she like and how old is she?????

Did I tell you that we had another adition to our managerie by the way? She's called Kim, is the scruffiest dog I've ever had and is now 6 months old. Christopher's teacher took in a stray bitch who turned out to be pregnant and following the introduction of puppies to kids, Christopher became obsessed with this one in particular (he's autistic, remember) so we now have three dogs! Poor old Spike had to be castrated smiley - sadface as Kim has to be allowed to have her first season before she can be spayed and we don't want a houseful of puppies. (I'd never be able to part with any of them! smiley - smiley )


Key: Complain about this post