Mini-Vacation

0 Conversations

'Oh, great,' you groan. 'Another of Amy's travelogs... Eight hours of her husband driving, just to sit around and talk before another eight hours of driving. With lots of footnotes.'

Well, you're wrong. This time, there were less than eight hours of driving all together.smiley - tongueout1

April 23, 2004

Heading out

We'd been planning this for a few weeks, mostly because Tom picked a date for us to get out of town2, because he knew that if we just kept saying we'd get out of town sometime3 instead of setting a date, we'd never get around to it. We didn't plan to go very far, or for very long--just to Redding, California, which is about 160 miles north of Sacramento, California, just for overnight.

Tom had arranged to get off one job5 early, and to not go to the other6, so we left between noon and 17. Since normally on Fridays he gets home around 7 pm, we were able to get where we were going before he would've usually been home.

1You're right about the footnotes, thoughsmiley - winkeye2Sacramento3Other than trips to see family--usually his parents, and my stepdad4, who're in the same town.4Until he passed away March 19, this year...5At our church.6He runs errands and so forth for a disabled man.7Left the church just after noon, got out of town closer to 1 because we ate before we got under way.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2588231

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more