Project: Montreal's Subway

0 Conversations

Project Name: Montreal's Subway, from 1910 to Laval

  • Field Researcher: 4me-2me
  • Faculty: Social Sciences
  • Start Date: 23 july 2007 (but haven't done anything yet...)
  • End Date (Provisional): 1st july 2009
  • Assisting Sub-editor: Searching for it (need someone who can correct me quite often...)

Project Description


The Montreal's subway is a quite interesting subway, it was beginning to be planned on 1910, but the official start of the construction of it was the third november 1961. I will try to cover all this period and the furter devellopement of the subways. I will also try to describe every each of the station that the subway have with comments, the architecture (not all, but the nice one yes) and what around it (famous restaurant, librairy, famous theater,...). I will also speak about the station Berry-UQAM if I have the courage or the force to do it (I can found enough materials for a single entry about it, but it will take me time to compile it into one clear entry...).


Pages currently in progress:

The project will contain:
  • A subway overview
  • History of the subway (from 1910 to 2008)

  • What is interesting in the different station on:
  • The Orange line
  • The Green line
  • The Blue line
  • The Yellow line
  • Station Berry-UQAM (if I found it enough interesting)
  • How to travel in it (Fees, cards, the sound of the subway, loosing you in it,...)
  • Maybe some other station if I found enough materials for them

More details will come in time...

References


The website of the subway: STCUM
and the subway itself (map, indication, what's around,...)

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A25092803

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more