A Conversation for Festive Hangover Cures

Water may work, however ...

Post 1

Researcher 46137

Sure... Rehydration may work wonders,- in fact it is directly fighting the painful effects of the sudden loss of water that you body goes through with too much drinking in a short period of time- However, we mustn't forget the after effects of Rehydration.

Now, I've never had it happen to my own person, but I do know that a person who sleeps while intoxicated, runs the risk of losing bodily control, and with your stomach (and eventually bladder) full of water (or tea or coffee), that presure may become too much for your intoxicated body to control.

So here is the scenario:
You are out doing some rather elaborate drinking one friday night, and find yourself fortunate to be ending the night in somebody else's bed (possibly even with somebody else even). You are quite drunk and cannot remember when the last time that you relieved yourself occured, but somehow an overwhelming thirst overtakes you. You realize that you are drunk and really should take procautions to avoid waking up in pain, so you start in, drinking pint after pint of water.
Satisfied by your boyscout-like preparations, you smile to yourself and find your way into a bed. (what you decide to do with whom or what ever is in that bed is your own story...)
Now, you wake up in the morning; slightly groggy from the deep sleep which drunkeness tends to bring on, however content in your new surroundings and, thanks to your careful preparations which your read about on the internet, without any signs of hangover.
The sun streams in through a set of hanging blinds over the window, and you roll over onto your side to find a clock when your thigh, lifting off of the bedsheets, makes a wet slopping sound.
You realize that the entire lower area of the bed seems to be colder than the rest of the bed, and as you reach down to touch your thigh, you find that the pint after pint of water which replenished your body, has now finished its journey throughout your system and is spread all over the bed of the poor person that decided to slump you into a car last night and allow you to sleep in their bed.

Point of this all is simply thus: Nothing in excess friends. Remember these images when you are reaching for your 8th pint (if you can remember anithing at that point) and keep in mind that counteracting this last drinkie-winkie with 8 more pints of cool refreshing Water, Sports Drinks, Red Bull, whatever, may not be adviseable in social situations. Sometimes you're just better off vomiting up what you can, and accepting the powerfully potent hangover that comes along with it.

...especially if you're like me and don't carry extra changes of clothing when you go out.


Key: Complain about this post

Water may work, however ...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more