A Conversation for The House of Relaxation ;-)

Soothing Massage IX

Post 21

Titania (gone for lunch)

*by now, FG should experience a surprising feeling of heat in the area around 'hump' and just below shoulders*

*it would be the sensation of fresh, warm blood flowing into previously tensed muscles*

Muscle tension seems to block the blood circulation in said muscles...

*puts her palms together*

*rubs them together back and forth* This bit is a bit difficult to explain*

*the sides of her hands thunder into each side of FG's spine*

*going down*

*going up*

*creating an envigorating feeling*


Soothing Massage IX

Post 22

Titania (gone for lunch)

*gives FG's back a couple of long, smooth strokes to round off*

*gets a woollen blanket and drapes it over FG to keep her warm*

Now, if you could turn around on your back, I'll finish off with my scalp massage...smiley - smiley


Soothing Massage IX

Post 23

FG

*rolls over like a dog obeying its master* smiley - winkeye


Soothing Massage IX

Post 24

Titania (gone for lunch)


Yeah - the only reason I do this is the feeling of power I have over people - muahahahaaa! Eh - just kidding...smiley - smiley


*sits down on a stool at the head end of the table*

*places both her hands under FG's head, taking a wide and soft grip around the base of her skull*

*pulls ever so gently and carefully, millimetre by millimetre, delicately elonging FG's spine, allowing every single vertebra to fall back into its place, making FG feel r-e-a-l-l-y t-a-l-l*

*carefully releases grip, and notices that FG's spine does remain elongated - a good sign, as this signals that the muscles are now pretty relaxed*

*starts the scalp massage: petrissage all over skull, and every now and then taking a firm grip of a /big/ tuft of hair, giving it a gentle pull, releasing, petrissage, grip, pull, petrissage, grip, pull, petrissage*


When one of my friends did this to me while I was sitting up cross-legged sideways on a sofa and she was sitting opposite of me , I didn't wake up until she started complaining that I was breaking her wrists by leaning so heavily on them...smiley - bigeyes


*tip toes out of the room*


Soothing Massage IX

Post 25

FG

*sleeps peacefully like the proverbial baby, a big baby with an light snore* smiley - zzz


Soothing Massage IX

Post 26

FG



I was lucky enough to once have a good friend that was a massage therapist IRL. She would half her going rate for a full-body massage for me, and instead of the usual hour, would go until she felt my body completely relax--a good 90 minutes.

Whenever I have gotten a massage, or a hair cut (the stylist playing with my hair and essentially my scalp), or someone's scratching my back, or even if I *watch* someone else having all these things done to them I get this warm, tingly feeling that rises from my diaphragm and spreads throughout my head and limbs. It's a very warm, very odd yet relaxing sensation. My friends tell me that it's a sign I might be easily hypnotizable, since I go into a little trance when I feel this way.

In fact, reading this thread I had that "glow"! smiley - biggrin

Thanks! smiley - angelsmiley - cakesmiley - rainbowsmiley - rosesmiley - chocsmiley - kiss


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more