A Conversation for James Dean (1955)

1955

Post 1

Alfredo



When I hear something about James Dean, it always reminds me about my sister who was so many years older than I was.
She was wearing pettycoats, listened to Elvis, Cliff Richard, and adored James Dean, while our father was a well known lawyer and our mother was very much aware of her social status.
(I had about five much older borthers/sisters.)

I heard it all with great interest.
So when James Dean died at the age of 24 because of a car accident, my sister was in the grip of a great "sensation", as if it was his last "act".
And again I saw and heard it all with great interest.


Tonight I saw at T.V. a 60 min special program about Dean and almost of oneself, I saw myself leaving home at 18, working at a bar, drinking like mad, smoking hash like the devil, having sex with many, many girls I didn't even know their name of and who just had found my place.
I saw myself wandering through Spain and getting kicked out of the country by Franco's Guardia Civil.
Remember my lonely, angry wandering through Holland, together with my dog "Astrid" and living in a house without any windows.

I could go on writing for hours, but it isn't interesting, although I'd still love to "be there again with the wisdom of now" and get an answer to the question, why that girl at the bar looked at me, started to cry and ran out of the bar. She'd been a kind of grilfriend of mine for about one month.

Yes,there's a lot I would like to "investigate" by returning into time, 35 years ago.
Impossible of course.

When I visited a town ten years later where I stayed quite a while,
a policecar stopped me at the great bridge over the river and asked me;"what are yóu going to do in town, Alfredo?!".

It's all history now.





What strikes me most is, that I was only fóur years old, when it all happened with James Dean, while I thought I was about ten or eleven.

Four years young, when my eldest sister told with great sensation that two girlfriends in Australia jumped from the roof of an apartment, because they said they heard the voice of James Dean.
Both girls dead in a second.
There jump almost was a social statement.


One year later,in 1956, my dear sister Astrid died, only four years old.
That is a complétely different landscape in a complétely different period of time, although history says it it only twelve months later.


But emotions create their own magic, their own time and therefore their very ówn history.






What the f*ck is going on!!!!!!!!!

I am going to take a shower.

Good night, sleep tight all of you.


Greetings from Amsterdam


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for James Dean (1955)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more