A Conversation for Cork, Ireland

Cork

Post 1

Researcher 102915

Please learn how to spell.
Guinness is not a local drink in Cork & it ain't spelt Guinniss either. Irish whiskey is not at all like American whisky so be careful out there. If you are looking for a night out go to somewhere like South's or Elroy's (twentysomethings). Traffic in Cork is crazy. We don't have motorways yet & five mile journeys can take 30 minutes.


Cork

Post 2

third asst. eng.(deuce of clubs)

I stand corrected. I wrote this article off the impressions I recived during a three day stop over on summer cruise. I yeild to the greater knowldedge of a resident. (I really do not mean that sarcasticaly) I could not rember the brewery in Cork so I gussed (wrongly) that it was Guinness. I also apoligise about the spelling, I do try to watch but I am not a very good speller and there is no spell check. About whisky my point was exactly that Irish whisky is far superior to its Americian counter parts. I will make sure to write in all your suggestions at my next revision. (most lickly after finals.)
Thank you for your feedback.


Cork

Post 3

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Howdy. I liked your piece, but our friend may be right to suggest that you can't out nit-pick the locals. Why not combine the seperate pieces you've written and submit them as a 'Round the World in Eighty Days' type of thing, placing the main emphasis on how each place strikes a cadet coming assure after a spell at sea. That would be interesting reading.

Don't get discouraged by the spelling... that's what editors are for.smiley - winkeye

JTG


Cork

Post 4

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Oops... 'ashore', not 'assure'.smiley - winkeye

JTG


Cork

Post 5

third asst. eng.(deuce of clubs)

Thank you, very much, perhaps I should change the title ass well then. It is allways nice to get feedback. thank you to everyone who read's my articles and triple thank you's to any one who critiques. (that is how I get better after all.)


Cork

Post 6

26199

To be honest, I wouldn't bother making any changes to the article.

*evil grin* Sorry, couldn't resist saying that.

Not because there's anything wrong with it, but because it's been accepted into the Guide... in part, at least. Basically, someone's beaten you to it - I received an article to sub-edit on the subject of Cork, Ireland. On the other hand, part of my job is to trawl the Guide for other information on the same subject, and I found this page... so I've added a fair bit from here into the entry, and you'll appear as one of the authors. I'd imagine it'll appear in the official guide within a couple of months. Congratulations!

26199




Cork

Post 7

third asst. eng.(deuce of clubs)

thank you.


Cork

Post 8

Nicorette

SHOPPING
Try the shopping, you can buy enough great quality kids clothing to kit them out for a year
until the next visit. Penneys is fantastic and there are many more
similar. The kids look cool, and none of their friends are dressed the same...
Fleeces & Sports tops at around 4 pounds, jeans & combats 6-8, t-shirts 2.
EATING
Stumbled into a very dodgy looking student type place, where we had a dinner like mum used to
make, masses of ham, mash (best potatoes in the world), cabbage, lashings of tea... about 3 pounds!
TAXI DRIVERS
Are all mad, and get their kicks out of winding up tourists with their tales of how their chosen hotel
is forty miles from the nearest pub, and the last bus leaves town at 9pm.


Cork

Post 9

rob the bones

Hello _ I think you might be wrong to worry wandering around the harbour area ar night -Check "Charlies" out on Monday night with Ray & Hank and you'll be glad you had ventured there !


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Cork, Ireland

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more