A Conversation for Sporting With Egon

Ice Skating?

Post 1

quizzical

Yes, I know a lot of people think that anything involving music and sequined costumes isn't a sport smiley - winkeye but I'd be happy to hold forth at length about it. We're at the height of the season right now. The six competitions and final of the Grand Prix series are done. Individual countries are currently holding their national competitons. Worlds will take place in March.

After the judging controversy at the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics, the sport's governing body seems determined to preserve the corruption at any cost. smiley - steam A rival governing body has formed, and the first lawsuit has been filed in US courts. There's lots to be said about that.

Synchronized skating is gaining in popularity and will probably be an Olympic sport in the next several years.

Let me know if you'd be interested in adding skating to your column.

quiz
(a skater with medals and injuries to prove itsmiley - smiley)


Key: Complain about this post

Ice Skating?

More Conversations for Sporting With Egon

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more