The rough history of the Terranic Army

0 Conversations


Numerous people over the years since the initial creation of the Terranic Army (including myself), have attempted to write bits of history about the Terranic Army (or should that be armies?), various divides, battles, people and general silliness... My hope is to try and pile through the archives and write the history of the Terranic Army. Which I am endeavouring to rebuild (my numerous attempts at this are also legendary...). So let me take you on a rollercoaster of a ride for a group which has a very unique history...

In the Beginning

I founded the Terranic Army on 29th August 2002. Named partly because I was called Terran, but also because it was a land/earth based army. I can't remember exactly what inspired me to create an army (except perhaps that I am a fan of the Sharpe series by Bernard Cornwall), but I do remember thinking in my early days on h2g2 that there were a lot of groups out there, and that I wanted to create one of my own. My initial template (the army changed beyond all recognition afterwards) had actually been one created by AJ Rimmer (who would go on to join the Terranic Army), amongst others (such as Plato and Existential elevator) and was a ship called Red Dwarf... and was a kind of role playing environment, listing the current members. I liked that so I created a group that listed lots of people. I went through a range of different names for the army (since lost to the sands of time and memory) until I came upon the Terranic Army.

I created a signing in room, and signed myself in. Then surprisingly I got my first member - Yankee Shoes. She had been very kind to speak to me in my early days on h2g2 (she probably regrets this now...), and joined! I needed little more motivation to go out and ask all the people I could to join my army. And soon we had lots of people, all looking for ranks and promotions and things to do. Lots of people who hadn't met before suddenly met in the Barracks, and we'd taken off!

Well it wasn't long before we'd reached the attention of other groups... and interestingly enough this certain group was known as the Thundercats

The Tea Boy Wars

The Tea Boy wars started with the Leader of the Thundercats (and contrary to popular opinion it is not Liono) called Owlatron, being interested in the group, and then saying that he me to be his tea boy. Then lots of interesting hijinx ensued and along with me, spook, AJ Rimmer, Shoal Prexy we defeated him (well kind of a draw really) and the other Thundercat (a guy who worked with him in RL)called Luke Skywalker... (only on h2g2 could you have the Thundercats attacking you leader by Owlatron and one of his troops being Luke Skywalker!).

As an interesting side note to that, the Thundercats decided to get their revenge by spamming LOTS (and I means lots and lots and lots) of conversations, and them getting in trouble. They were almost banned (mostly because Luke Skywalker created lots of accounts during this spamming raid), but yours truely intervened (as well as lots of other people - but we don't talk about that smiley - ) and they were let off

Our first war was over!

Developments of the Army, Alliances and the World War Battlefield

So we were a hit, we'd had our first battle.

Daedelus

The Vogon wars

Spooks reign and a change of base

Invasions galore!

The lost Empire of Terrania

The revivalist movement

Terran's return

Today


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A21349433

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more