Touching and Our Society

0 Conversations

Humans need to touch each other: its the way we show our love and it can help us communicate. However, in today's day and age don't you think touching has become more and more scarce? Consider this: if you walk on to a bus or an airplane today and take your seat and it is next to someone, what will they do? They'll scoot over. Now this could be seen as just common courtesy because they want to give you more room, but even if there is no more room for them to scoot over, they do it anyway. They just go through the motions of trying to move over. Now doesn't this make you feel a little unwanted? They don't want to sit next to you. Don't humans use contact as a way of making you feel wanted? It also a crisis if you even bump into someone when trying to utilize the armrests. Think about it: how many times have people apologized for bumping your arm in the slightest way?! People feel horrible if they touch you and they have to apologize profusely. So why not try this: the next time someone comes to sit next to on the bus or anywhere else, don't scoot over. Stay where you are and enjoy being close to a fellow human being.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2094842

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more