Caution. Wet floor.

0 Conversations

One of the most useful inventions ever is the sign. One of the most useful uses of the sign is to warn people who are either unstable on their feet, or just moving around too fast for their own good, that they are entering an area where a solid tiled floor has recently been covered in water, either through accident or the cleaning process. This is so that they can take extra care not to fall over.

However, the thought occurs that it has been known for people in a crowded area to fall over the signs themselves, for they are placed strategically in the middle of the floor, and being only a foot or two in height, it is not difficult for them to be completely obscured by peoples' legs.

One wonders why there are not signs saying "Caution. 'Caution. Wet floor.' sign." Of course, by induction this would mean that you would then need a sign saying "Caution. 'Caution. 'Caution. Wet floor sign.' sign.' sign." and so on, until the world is totally covered in signs saying "Caution. Caution. Caution.... Caution. Wet floor sign. sign. sign.... sign."

Or the signs could just be 7 foot tall.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A207190

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more