A Conversation for Blade

Blade The Film

Post 1

Bluebottle

I was asked to write this review for Union Films, yet when I'd finished it, someone else had written one and had it accepted, so I thought I'd put it here so it wasn't wasted. It isn't one of my favourite films, but was okay I guess, I only saw it the once.


Blade The Film

Post 2

Donne

Let's try this again, shall we?
I have indeed seen the movie Blade, and I enjoyed it very much. I haven't read any of the comics, but my significant other has, and has filled me in on all of the gory details.
Although I enjoyed it, I have 2 complaints.
First, I thought the "Blood Bath" scene in the opening was, well, gratuitous. I mean, do I really need to see hords of vamps slamm dancing in a blood fountain? Ick. I think not.
Second, I think I found a glitch. Consider: the villian plans to become a demon of some sort in a ceremony by sacrificing the vamp elders. Some prophetic writings give him the directions, and the # of elders killed seems to have some significance. The temple even has one slot for the exact # of elders.
Yet, when a thug kills one of the elders right before the ceremony, no one bats an eye! I guess the phrophetic writings were just suggestions--I mean, who follows a receipe exactly? What's one less elder in the soup?
Is it just me? Am I being too picky? Was I potty trained too early? Let me know what you think....


Blade The Film

Post 3

Bluebottle

Thanks for your patience in re-posting this! Don't worry, it frequently happens to me, where I just copy & paste the answer by opening a new window!

As for your points on the film - I agree that there was kinda a little too much blood at the start. Definately.
As for the glitch - I hadn't noticed it, but I'll look out for it next time I see it. I've only seen the film once last year, and only wrote a review about it based on that one showing - but I'll definately look out for the glitch. But then, I don't think plot continuity was a main feature of the film.

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more