A Conversation for Norwich, Norfolk, UK

Norwich's weird charms

Post 1

Tullis

It is indeed a bit of an odd place. I have lived here for about a year now, for no other reason than it seemed as good a place as any to go to after leaving Edinburgh.

There is something a bit weird about it, certainly. There is such an awful lot of flat farming land around, that there is no point in leaving the city boundary unless you are really going somewhere else.

The outer ring-road acts like a bit of an even horizon like that. You can go right the way up to it, but only the very brave or foolish step over it into the wilds of Norfolk itself. Norwich is the jewel in the crown of Norfolk, and they take great prinde in it. Since I have had to explore the wilderness as part of my job, I have come to know quite a few isolated pockets of Norfolk and theye are all just about as weird as each other.

In short, Norwich is a great place to come to kill time and money. There are a lot of excellent people and some of the strangest things ever to have happened to me, have happened to me here.


Key: Complain about this post

Norwich's weird charms

More Conversations for Norwich, Norfolk, UK

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more