A Conversation for Sporting With Egon

baseball and drugs update

Post 1

several, a/k/a random

baseball--the Florida Marlins tonight (last night--this morning, whatever time zone cyberspace is, it's 3:18 AM thirsty 10/23 in Ohio) are tied with the Noo Yawk Yankers at two games each, thus assuring that Saturday's game (and Sunday's if needed) will indeed be for the championship, thus the network television ratings will rise and thank goodness for the 'mute' button so i don't have to listen to the same bleeping advert 60 times in three hours.
drugs--the grand jury on the steroids case is scheduled to convene in December and the drug's manufacturer has reportedly filed bankruptcy proceedings, so it will be an ongoing story with wide repercussions with scads of lawyers, barristers and their ilk salivating over their fees.....and we foot the bill.
smiley - musicalnotesmiley - vampire


baseball and drugs update

Post 2

Post Team

smiley - cheers for the update smiley - musicalnotesmiley - vampiresmiley - smiley

shazz smiley - thepost


baseball and drugs update

Post 3

egon

I actually fell asaleep during last nights game in the top of the 9th with the score at 3-1 to the Marlins. Turns out that just after I nodded off, Sierra hit a two-run homer for the Yanks to take it into extra innings, and was it the 11th or 12th that the MArlins finally finished it in?

Moral of the story- don't drink Jack Daniels while watching late night sport if you want to stay awake...


baseball and drugs update

Post 4

several, a/k/a random

i was asleep by the first pitch...three shots of rumpleman's (peppermint schnapps)at the watering hole (i won $50 on an Amfoot pool!) after omitting lunch, but i woke to the extra innings. (the game ended past midnight.)
smiley - musicalnote


baseball and drugs update

Post 5

several, a/k/a random

the Marlins take a 3-2 lead with the final game(s) saturday (and sunday?) in noo yawk city, on anyone's list of the top five global villages.
smiley - musicalnotesmiley - vampire


baseball and drugs update

Post 6

egon

Early prediction for tonight's game- narrow come-from-behind vixctory for the Yanks to set up a decider at Yankee Stadium tomorrow night.


baseball and drugs update

Post 7

several, a/k/a random

raise a pint or so for pitcher Josh Beckett and the Florida Marlins, the team that came from ten games under .500 in May to win the World Series from the Noo Yawk Yankers four games to two.
begin four months of money-haggling, speculation and guesstimation before April's Opening Day. (last year, it snowed in baltimore.) also begin focus on Amfoot and parhaps some basketball. i'll keep an eye on hockey, but it's not my strong point.
smiley - musicalnotesmiley - vampire


baseball and drugs update

Post 8

egon

Beckett's too bloody good. Ah well, time for Steinbrenner to buy everything that's not nailed down.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Sporting With Egon

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more