lightning

0 Conversations

wot is it? the funny thing that lights a, fire. No ~ 0n a more serious scale lightning is created by the movement of clouds of conductive water vapour through the earths magnetic field. The clouds contain high concentrations of dissolved CO2 in the form of carbonic acid plus many other chemicals. For a storm to occur the magnetic field is being influenced by changes in the sun's solar flares. Many things come into play to create a decent storm. Sun bursts, condition of the magnetic flux above the earth at that moment, suffice winds, high humidity absorbing large amounts of CO2, a cold front moving faster than a warm front can get away from it, thus causing a thermal inversion. There are many more factors but it would make things tooo confusing. A recent discovery of stratospheric sparks has further intrigued me. These upward sparks have mystified pilots for many years. Around 90% of lightning actually goes up and is never seen except by pilots.
Research is needed to find a way to harness this massive power that is dissipated into space to become space noise. Since there is so much power available going up to the stratosphere it would be prudent to see if it can be conducted back to earth beefer it becomes a single lightning bolt.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A187175

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more