A Conversation for New Millenium, New Cult - The Righteous Knights of Kettering

I'm a member 2

Post 1

Vladimir

Aaaah... that's better, I was starting to get cramps.


I'm a member 2

Post 2

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Ah, but now we'll still have to open the old forum if we are to keep track of when New Year's is! Anyhow, d'you suppose Merkin would be able to cope with giving the image of my from the Aroma Cafe float a bit of a makeover?

~Irving Washington, Potentate of Plethural Punishment


I'm a member 2

Post 3

Vladimir

Which one? I only saw Bluebottle and the smiley?

I have to take liberties with some Wax crayons and then find a friend with a scanner.... Perhaps if we all did the same then Merkin could merge us all together for the float .

Wax crayons are my preferred medium....

Vlad.smiley - smiley


I'm a member 2

Post 4

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

http://www.h2g2.com/A283510 The whole Aroma Café float can be found at that link. Irving Washington is the guy with the goatee (too bad I can't grow such a thing IRL)

~Irving


I'm a member 2

Post 5

Vladimir

Whuh?

Why would you need to make over that stunningly gorgeous float?

Ah... and without wishing to provoke envy.. I have a gitty goatee IRL

Hurray *performs lap of honour*

Vlad.


I'm a member 2

Post 6

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Tbe full version takes some people forever to download and is bigger than most people's computer screen. Thus it needed to be made smaller for the parade itself (so that people would go on to the next float). The full float will remain up, however, and you can link back and forth between the big version and the little version.

~Irving


I'm a member 2

Post 7

Vladimir

Aaaaaahhhh. I see.

You have to remember that I am slightly less technically gifted than your average pig.

I could do with some lessons in HTML just to start with, but I only get online at W**K so am still planning to buy a PC/Mac, funds permitting.

Therefore my problems with Floats etc...

Vlad.


I'm a member 2

Post 8

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

I'm not extremely gifted at tech stuff, either. However, I did grow up with a home computer, so I know how slow home connections can get.

~Irving


I'm a member 2

Post 9

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

I just reviewed this conversation and realized that we're talking about two different things. I thought you meant why would I shrink that beautiful float, when in fact you were refering to my request to "make over" my image from the float. That's not what I meant. What I meant was he could use that image as the basis for a picture of me in the RKK float!

~Irving


I'm a member 2

Post 10

Vladimir

Ah! Ok. Crossed wires.

Yeah, I meant why did it need making over but now I understand what you meant... I haven't seen Merkin for a little while again now though, and wonder if we are the only two remaining active Knights?

I havent heard a peep from the others.

Love the cafe BTW.

Vlad.


I'm a member 2

Post 11

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Thank you very much! Yes, I fear that some of our cultists have deviated somewhat from the way. 'Course, we could always get Affgncaap5 and Garius Lupus to throw giant snowballs at the pages of our lost comrades until they agreed to come back!


I'm a member 2

Post 12

Vladimir

... or push hot Kumquats up their bottoms until they remember the path of righteousness....

Vlad.smiley - bigeyes


I'm a member 2

Post 13

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Why don't we do that whether they come back or not? It sounds like fun!


I'm a member 2

Post 14

Vladimir

OK!

Let the proclamation ring forth!
All ye heretics, strayers from the path and deserters of Kettering....

HEAR YE THIS!!!

From this day forth ye shall be known as Hotbots and ye shall be forced to wear a hot Kumquat whilst performing your Knightly errands.

RECTALLY!

Stray once more and we shall be forced to increase the punishment.

I shall whisper this for it may not be spoken outloud.

"Buffet pork pie smothered in Chilli sauce"

BURN YE HERETICS AND YE SHALL NOT BE EVISCERATED!

The Pariah.


I'm a member 2

Post 15

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Motion seconded by the Potentate of Pletheral Punishment! Now we must seek them out and avenge ourselves upon them!

~Irving


I'm a member 2

Post 16

Vladimir

I've already taken the message to the fallen ones...

The Pariah.


I'm a member 2

Post 17

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Excellent *twittles fingers Montgomery Burns style*


I'm a member 2

Post 18

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Jesus said (Matthew 10:13), "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.' For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners." Good one. About four weeks ago I bought a copy of the King James revised standard version Bible for $1 at a fair. Apparently it's already been reviewed. Just about all of it, though, is news to me. I come from a strict religious background. There was strictly no religion involved.


I'm a member 2

Post 19

Vladimir

Praise be ! For one of our fallen Brethren is returned!

Obviously anything written in the so-called "Bible" is heresy and worthy of burning.

Do they mention Kettering? Do they B***ocks.

The Pariah.


I'm a member 2

Post 20

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Yes, Praise be! Let us purify him with the Kumquat Brandy!


Key: Complain about this post