Thanksgiving 2006

0 Conversations

Thanksgiving oh! Thanksgiving 2006 written by Blue Bird h2g2

History writing is a daring adventure. Yet there are many people who have the courage to write about events from the past though nobody knows for sure how things happened.
Stories written about the American Thanksgiving celebrations also have great variety. We just have to accept the lingering obscurity of human history.

Recorded data in these days from past history are enormous.
I am not picking out anything else only tell my experience of a trip I made couple of years ago to New England
I was with a group lead by a knowledgeable guide going to see the very sight of the great historical place where The Founding Fathers (Mothers too) landed with the Mayflower. There we saw the Plymouth Rock carefully preserved and of course the replica of the Mayflower ship anchored in the harbor.

The Pilgrim’s story (travelers of Mayflower) also has a lot of version. You may do a little research available today on your computer in an encyclopedia like www.wikipedia.org
My note here is only so much that I learned from the guide about the kindness of the Natives (Indians) who helped the new comers extensively to survive a devastating winter in “ New England”. But sadly the half of the Pilgrims did not make it through that winter.

Eventually as better times arrived with the help again of the Indians the Pilgrims started their new life able to raise food to make a living and at harvest time there was real reason for Thanksgiving.

Harvest celebration is known all over the world. After a prosperous year the worker of the land like to have a good time to enjoy the fruits of their labor.
But remember: there are harvest times when the fruits of labor just are not there. Further more:
There are people in our times that don’t have land to raise their food.
Wondering homeless, hungry, sick and desperate.
Do you think about those unfortunate humans? Where is a Thanksgiving in sight for those? While you enjoy your feast think of an answer to end the HUNGER on this Earth. At Yoolly Studio we try to move into a better future. But be aware of the “hyenas” standing by.











Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A17179743

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more