Real Didgeridoo

0 Conversations

It`s not plastic nor a tube. It`s a piece of wood. Mostly a branch from a specific tree with a hole in it. There`s a hole in it because termites are hungry for about 70% of their day so they ate the core. (They are sleeping during the other 30% so they don`t realize that they are still hungry.) Aborigenes are using these branches with the holes for blowing into it. The result is a very deep vibrating bass sound...let`s say thick drone. They play it when they meditate, they play it when they dance, they play it on all their ceremonies. They play it nonstop with a technique called circular breathing that allows you to continue to play as you inhale. Pretty difficult, I`m speaking from experience.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A147070

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more