A Conversation for The Wick End of Candles at the Close of a Long Night

Wow.

Post 1

Beatrice

What a moving piece!

Beautiful recreation of the SU bar - I remember sitting there in the early 80s with a gitane in my hand, trying to look sophisticated. And, yes it was at Queens that I first made friends with people from "the other side". I think it was that moment that got me involved in integrated education.

smiley - stout


Wow.

Post 2

ianhimself

welcome Beatrice good Cap'n!...and thanks for the kind words...

You still in Belfast? I am now predominately in Dublin

It was a great place that SU

smiley - cheers


Wow.

Post 3

Beatrice

In Holywood at the minute, but Dai and I are looking to buy a place together in Lisburn.

Are you inundated with Ryder Cup people then? I was sending some staff on a training course in Dub this week, and nearly had to cancel it cos we couldn't get accommodation!


Wow.

Post 4

ianhimself

Lived in Holywood back in the 80s ..... would love to go back maybe ....still have a place in Banbridge....

yes.... dublin's been heaving with Ryders....


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Wick End of Candles at the Close of a Long Night

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more